Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weight of my car trailer? anyone have 1 similar?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mueller
user posted image

It would still be used for 914s (watercooled conversion) but the buyer is concerned of it weighing too much for thier V6 powered tow vehicle (older Mistubishi SUV I think)
r_towle
total package will be under 4k

Trailer similar in length...less the tire rack weigh in at 750..

So, its under 3k..and I can tow it with my Eurovan...

He will be fine.

Rich
r_towle
find a local sand a gravel yard...weigh in...wiegh out without trailer..do the math...

It is ussually 10 bucks for that..

Rich
Mueller
QUOTE (r_towle @ Dec 5 2005, 02:09 PM)
total package will be under 4k

Trailer similar in length...less the tire rack weigh in at 750..

So, its under 3k..and I can tow it with my Eurovan...

He will be fine.

Rich

thanks....I cut off the tire rack, just deciding whether to keep it off or make it a bolt on/off item....damn thing has already dented 3 914 fenders (3 different cars)

spare time toys
this should help. Its Lic. total wt. 4000 lbs Thats Dads truck same as a S10 with the V6 beerchug.gif
spare time toys
forgot the photo
dlo914
take it to the local recycling center. they should have a scale to weigh an entire vehicle before and after unloading your recyclables.
smg914
My guess is your trailer weighs about 1,380 pounds.

Let's make a contest out of this. Take it to a big truck stop. They usually have a scale for their vehicles. You pay them about $6.00 and you get 2 or 3 attempts to weigh it. Thats how I used to weigh my race car.
Allan
QUOTE (smg914 @ Dec 5 2005, 06:49 PM)
My guess is your trailer weighs about 1,380 pounds.

I'm thinking around 1200 lbs.

But like he said, find out for sure.....
campbellcj
IIRC mine is closer to 2000lbs; Carson 16' steel frame and bed
McMark
Worth noting that Mike's trailer is an open bed, not a full bed. I'd guess around the 2k range.
rick 918-S
I towed this one with the Alien behind a Nissan Xterra. V6 was a lacking... cool_shades.gif The Titan on the other hand... aktion035.gif driving.gif
VegasRacer
I finally got around to registering the trailer I got in Cali. last month. I was right - the DMV was not busy on the Friday before Christmas. Half an hour - start to finish.

The new improved version has extra lights, 1 1/2" raised deck height - (so I can open the door now), a new end stop, reinforded tie down points, relocated / upgraded tool box, safety chains, flag pole, and most important - new tires and period correct Bling-Bling wheels from a '75 Continental Mark IV.

At the DMV today, both inspectors and their supervisor were very interested in the unusually low VIN # that I had covered up with the new tool box. headbang.gif They never even bothered to check the lights or any of the other safety requirements.

I did find out that my trailer weighs exactly 985 lbs.
VegasRacer
Bling Bling Wheels
VegasRacer
Now I have to decide if I want to get vanity plates, and what they should say.
Watch for the poll. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.