Anybody live there/ been there whats it like

My company just offered Me a postition there making twice what I currently make

Whats is it like

any good place to live

where don't i want to live

ETC...

need info
porschecb
I use to live in Grants Pass about 30 miles up I-5. Went to medford alot for shopping and such. Nice small quiet town. A far cry from Salt Lake City! Not a real big airport there though. To fly anywhere you have to fly into Portland first. Alot of twistys not far from town and alot of nearby mountains to play in. smile.gif

Michael
double-a
yep, nice and quiet. it's quite a distance from cities of any size. lots of teener guys in portland area, but that's a good few hours north. i like it down there, lots of beautiful rolling hills and such. not too far from the ocean, and mt. shasta i think.

~a
Lou W
I lived in Roseburg for almost a year, small town charm, I really miss it. Oregon is a great place to live, climate in Southern Oregon is very similar to Northern California, nice friendly people. I wish I were still there. I'm sure you'll like it. smile.gif
Air_Cooled_Nut
Medford has grown quite a bit since I last lived there. I did go to college in Ashland and would visit the mall (they would have a VW show inside) and parts of Medford.

You'll be in the Rogue Valley. Lightening storms, colorful sunsets, hot summers (peaked at 105ยบ a few times when I was there) and cold winters (snow/ice). A good variety of seasons...much better than Portland! Lots of deciduous trees like oaks so the fall season is colorful. The area tends to be a little on the red-neck side for me. Ashland is a nice, small tourist town along with the college. Klamath Falls is serious indian and red-neck territory. The area has plenty of country roads that would be just a blast in a topless teener and plenty of days for it to boot. If you love the great outdoors, including camping/hunting/fishing then you'll love it there! Lots of that stuff to go around and then some! Unfortunately, the ocean is about 2-3 hours away which is pretty far for me but much closer than where you currently are biggrin.gif Skiing at Mt. Ashland is okay. Tends to be icy. Oh, the Medford airport is an "international" one but it's $$$ to fly from it compared to real international airports like Portland and Seattle. There's a Coors distributor there as well so you can get cheap beer -- remember, I was a college student down there beer.gif

Personally, I like it down there far more than here in Portland. But the job market is better for me here and all my car buddies are here as well. There is a VW club down there as well: http://www.sovw.com/ I have seen the occasional 914 for sale in that area but none ever driven. I would recommend it.
bondo
Southern oregon is a wonderful place. I like Ashland alot more than Medford, but Medford is bigger. If it were me I'd live in Ashland and commute, it's only about 10 miles away.

Medford has grown, but at the same time, the old downtown seems to be falling apart. Perhaps it's just part of a cycle, and will come back, I don't know.

I know the area because I've gone camping in Ashland and seen the Shakespeare festival every few years, since I was a kid. I had a break for about 5 years, and was last back there in June, when I noticed downtown Medford wasn't doing so well.

Oh, and Ariel USA is in Ashland... burnout.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.