Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Rear trunk hinge
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
sj914
I have noticed that the passenger side trunk hinge pivot bracket is always the first to break. Anyone know why this is. Since the battery is below the level of the pivot bracket.
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(sj914 @ Aug 20 2003, 02:39 PM)
I have noticed that the passenger side trunk hinge pivot bracket is always the first to break. Anyone know why this is. Since the battery is below the level of the pivot bracket.

batteries emit acid-laden fumes in operation - that's one thought ...

and on my car, the oil tank on the other side may add a bit of prevention :-) ...
SirAndy
QUOTE(sj914 @ Aug 20 2003, 03:39 PM)

because you're right handed and you pull harder on the passenger side when opening the trunk?

just a guess laugh.gif
sj914
LOL, actually I'm left handed and I pull harder on my left.
TheCabinetmaker
I've had two break. both on the drivers side. I'm right handed.
Nemo914
Speaking of rear trunks, mine doesn't have much "oomph" and only stays open about half way. When it was new, it would pop full up. Is there any way to increase the tension so it opens correctly? I couldn't figure out a way looking in at the tension bars.
boxstr
You can remove the tension rods completely and add the CAMP 914 rear trunk shox kit. The you won't have to worry about the hinges having to much tension on them and breaking, unless they are allready about to break, I would spray a lubracant on them to be safe.
CCLINREARTRUNKSHOXVILLE
914Timo
Mine was both broken. I did new ones from thicker metal. smash.gif

All I can say about Craig´s kit is, that it is wondeful !!! Highly recommended. I am very happy with it. boldblue.gif
ninefourteener
Maybe has something to do with body flex???
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.