Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Anybody know anything about these wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Mike D.
from my e-bay ad

wheel auction

How much do you think they weight, Doesn't American Racing make the Fake Fuchs too?

BTW, someone is asking me and I have no clue...
SLITS
American Racing Wheels...to the best of my knowledge

Believe they were called "American Libre" or "American Daisy"

Cool wheel...should be cast aluminum....weight, I don't know

At the price I see, they shouldn't bitch....if you could find a set, that's what Pick-A-Part would charge for them (maybe $35 a wheel). New "fake" ones should be about $120 each from www.performanceproducts.com

I've been know to tell lies though!
Cap'n Krusty
I've had a couple of sets. I like the way they look. They had a 5 spoke/5 bolt version, too. Fairly light, and they take special lug bolts. The Cap'n
Chris Pincetich
I have those on my '72 thanks to the PO. The inside is painted GOLD, as well as the PORSCHE badge in the center cap. The PO clained the center caps were from a 911 - mine look the same as yours. They shine up real nice cool.gif

The PO of course told me they were VERY desirable and worth lots of $$$$ rolleyes.gif

Can't say I have any more details than what the Cap'n said - they use different lug bolts than stock 914 wheels. With 195/55s on my 15 in. rims, there is NO room for a bigger tire (with stock fenders).

beerchug.gif
jimtab
American Racing Libre wheels, also were very popular on the Datsun roadsters in the late 60s and early 70s (pre 240z)....decent wheels, don't give em away.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.