Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Fuel leak!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DblDog
...so I take my car out...get it filled up and take a ride. Top off , cool crisp fall Sunday morning...great fall colors..the second best way to start a day! Park in the garage, lets put up some Christmas decorations. All in all a good day.

Walk by the teener through the garage...and there it is...the smell of gas... ohmy.gif open the garage door let it air out. Get home early, lets take a look at that leak. Its coming from the fuel filter, no problem...but then in moving the filter around, one of the clamps lets go...and remember I got a full tank of gas yesterday...the flood gates open. 2 or 3 golf tees and get the leak to slow to a drop or two. headbang.gif

Here's the question...I need a shop to fix this little problem as I can't take time away from my work right now. Do any of you know of a repair shop nearby that can take a look at this?...I'm in the north bay (Marin County)...Ill'have to have AAA tow it to whever...I welcome any recommendations...Thanks!
jimtab
See if Mark can take care of it, he is in Napa...the only one that I know in that area....hope it helps. Gas leaks are scary....his club name is mcmark
bperry
I'd think it would be at least worth considering just replacing the filter
to see if that stops the leak.
Given that the clamp came loose as you moved the filter, it could
be as simple as a clamp that was too lose or too tight and it cracked
the plastic filter.

Also, I had a filter crack/split because during driving it was vibrating
and bumping against the frame and over time it simply cracked.

To try this fix will only cost a few dollars and take only a few minutes;
definitely less time than the time lost waiting for AAA or anybody
else just to show up.

If its not the problem, you are only out a few bucks and a few minutes of time.

--- bill
McMark
I'm probably a little far away and I've got no floor space for another car. But I might be convinced to make a house call. wink.gif A quick filter and hose replacement. Should be good as new. I'd have to charge you for travel time, but I'll probably still be cheaper than any other local shop. laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.