Cool.
Trekkor
Track it...

KT
sixnotfour
No Six for you,
New cars are nice driving.gif
Mueller
got tired of the Echo? I thought you loved that thing.....

nice...I hope it's a stick...the autobox was okay, but you neeeeed a manual in a car like that.....

Flat VW
Ooohhh, M car (914 nemesis). ph34r.gif

John slap.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (trekkor @ Dec 5 2005, 09:04 PM)
Track it...

KT

hmmm ...good idea

user posted image
grantsfo
QUOTE (Mueller @ Dec 5 2005, 09:09 PM)
got tired of the Echo? I thought you loved that thing.....

nice...I hope it's a stick...the autobox was okay, but you neeeeed a manual in a car like that.....

I'm getting rid of the Echo and the Boxster. I think I'll miss the Boxster, Echo was more of a novelty. Now I will be down to three cars so I can focus on the 914 next year. I was getting too distracted by both of those cars to devote any time to the 914. I will focus on getting a six next year.
Andyrew
cool!

But... Why one of those over a boxster?

Just curious...
rick 918-S
Does Kennedy Make an adapter? lol2.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Dec 5 2005, 11:01 PM)
cool!

But... Why one of those over a boxster?

Just curious...

My wife and I have always wanted a Miata. Never fit in them until this model year. Its lighter than the Boxster. I actually fit better in the new MX-5 than my Boxster. The MX-5 feels closer to the 914 and is more of a pure sports car than the Boxster in my opinion. Both my wife and I commute long distances so we wanted better gas mileage and lower maitenance.

The new design is everything the Miata should have been originally. Strong/flexible 2.0 liter powerplant, close ratio 6 speed, stiff platform with lightweight parts (aluminum hood and trunk), great suspension with Bilstiens, LSD and stability control. I think the new Miata looks more aggressive than my 4 year old Boxster too.

Its certainly more fun to drive than the Boxster at slower speeds. Boxster is just an awesome, unflappable German roadster.

mikelsr
Before we bought our Boxster we looked at the Miata. The problem I had with it was that my shoulders are board and I had to lean to the right to fit in it. It was not very comfortable having to drive like that. They are nice cars and a lot of car clubs that do a lot together.

Mike
tat2dphreak
I like 'em... for a chick car wink.gif

seriously, I drove one and liked it a lot... fun to drive and reliable...
Joe Ricard
I drove a Miata once. Then the girl wanted it back.
Chick car
and
Chicks dig the car

have two different meanings biggrin.gif
The reason I don't drive Miatas more is I'm afraid I might start liking it. blink.gif
Grant glad you are now able to fit in those cars they are really nice. but it is fun poking fun at them. poke.gif
grantsfo
QUOTE (Joe Ricard @ Dec 6 2005, 12:06 PM)
I drove a Miata once. Then the girl wanted it back.
Chick car
and
Chicks dig the car

have two different meanings biggrin.gif
The reason I don't drive Miatas more is I'm afraid I might start liking it.  :blink:
Grant glad you are now able to fit in those cars they are really nice.  but it is fun poking fun at them. poke.gif

Fortunately I'm secure enough with myself that I can drive a chick car. However Mazda is trying to improve the image by releasing macho tire smoking pics like this one!

I forgot to mention the one thing that irritates me about the car - it doesnt have a spare tire! They give you a bottle of goop and an electric inflator. Youre pretty much screwed if you have a blow out.

user posted image
sjhowitson
I love that car. I'm not crazy about the roll bars however. They look to much like the bars on the BMW Z 4. I think the BMW bites. Drove one once fell in love at that time. I would love to get one for the wife. She could drive it every day and I could take it out for some back road fun.
grantsfo
I also just realized that the new Miata just entered mid-ship status with this model. Engine is behind the center of the front hubs. Damn this car is going to be fun! Stock fenders accept 245 width tires and the 2.0 liter has the torque to turn them. The aftermarket guys are working hard on everything from superchargers to suspensions.

user posted image
smooth_eddy
Just curious Grant.....

I drove the Honda S2000 and barely fit inside. It was very claustriphobic inside. The passenger side was even worse. Any idea how do the 2 compare in cabin space, and how big are you anyway? BTW, I am guessing you did compare the 2 since they are so similar? Eddy
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (smooth_eddy @ Dec 10 2005, 02:03 AM)
Just curious Grant.....

I drove the Honda S2000 and barely fit inside. It was very claustriphobic inside. The passenger side was even worse. Any idea how do the 2 compare in cabin space, and how big are you anyway? BTW, I am guessing you did compare the 2 since they are so similar? Eddy

how big a boy are you?

I didn't have trouble in a miata or S2000, but oddly enough, a BMW Mroadster was too tight with the top up... the cross bar was less than 1" from the crown of my head...
smooth_eddy
6'-1" and about 190#'s on a good day. I find the teener roomy after I do the limbo to get in. Eddy
Elliot_Cannon
I remember when you could lift the hood of a car like that and actually see through to the road. What a can of worms.
Elliot
type47fan
Zoom Zoom. . . .
skline
QUOTE (grantsfo @ Dec 5 2005, 09:00 PM)
user posted image

My Condolences to you. JK, I would have bought a Scion TC with a stick. They are really great little cars and handle pretty well. The auto would be good for a girl but with a stick shift, it really gets along. I may still pick one up next year in trade for the truck.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.