Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
i have everything i need for a d-jet system install on my 914. But i dont know if it fully 100% works. Question is...will the runners for the 1.7 fit my single carb assembly and then run the carb dry....?

Will it work?

b
Mueller
not sure I understand the question...

are you trying to use your single carb as a throttle body?

the intake plenum volume and the vacuum signal for the MPS is going to be way, way off, it might fire up and idle, but as soon as you open the throttle, things are going to get wierd...

Joe Ricard
If you got all the parts for D-jet ......... Put all the parts on the car. I agree with Mike "it will never work rigged"
I can sell you a Throttle body and runners with plenum and GOOD rubber hoses. as always cheap. unsure.gif
lapuwali
It might work, but the chances that there's anything wrong with the FI plenum or TB are pretty small, so you might as well just fit the whole thing. If you're considering switching back and forth easily, remember you'll need to switch fuel pumps to make this work. The carb isn't going to work with the FI fuel pump (way too much pressure), and you'll need to remove the FI fuel pressure regulator to switch back, too. With all that re-plumbing, putting the carb back on is a relatively small thing.

You can bench test a number of the FI components before trying to use them as a system. The MPS usually has problems holding vacuum when it's bad, and that's easy to test. The TPS, fuel pump, and FI distributor are all pretty easy to test. The ECU is hard to test w/o a D-Jet testing setup, but they're rarely bad. The rest is just plumbing.
bd1308
okay, well i'll rethink it then.

b
Joe Ricard
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 6 2005, 10:26 AM)
okay, well i'll rethink it then.

b

isn't that how you got in this mess? Thinking gets me in trouble all the time.
bd1308
Joe, thinking is how I got out....

I could have paid the p-mechanic $2000 more dollars I don't have to fix the problem in September, but I thought my way out of it

amazing, isn't it?

and no, teh carb thing was *NOT* my idea, it was kinda liek last-resort. I'd rather have L-jet or MS.

tongue.gif

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.