Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: another ebay gem
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TheCabinetmaker
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...item=2428950113

I saw this today, and emailed the guy. He called me an hour later and I went to look at the car. Turns out, it's the same car I looked at in a horse pasture 6 months ago. That guy wanted $1000.00! I rand away fast! The new "owner" says he poured gas in the intake and it ran till the gas was gone. I don't think so! When I saw it in the pasture, it had big rats living in the engine, and lots of rust spots all over the body. The body has been rattle canned all over. I tried to open the throttle(no air cleaner). It wouldn't budge. He had removed the engine cover release handle so you couldn't open it( it was there six months ago), but I always carry my trusty Gerber multi tool. The battery tray was rusted to the point that I could stick my fist through the bottom of the car and out the side. From the amount of rust on the cables I would say no battery has been connected in several years! The rear half of the rear trunk floor was FIBERGLASS!!!! There were virtually no usable parts on the car.

I guess my point is: The pics did not do this car "justice" and I have to wonder how many other ebay ads are just as bad, even though the pics look great? Some times you don't get what you pay for!

I hope none of you are the one who has bid on this POS.

BTW, "safety inspections" were eliminated here a few years ago!

Keeping my 914 budget in my pocket today, Curt
Brad Roberts
I dont buy anything from people who type with their F'ING CAPS LOCK BUTTON STUCK ON WHEN POSTING YOU F"ING MORON...

Oh.. sorry caps lock button makes me do funny things..

B
vortrex
haha...and people wonder why I did not want to call about the race packaged 914-6. his ad was in ALL CAPS and he turned out to be freshly released from jail and in need of money. of course the car was not rare in the least. jeff even got him to come down $18k in his price. LOL.
anthony
Nice paint job on the wheels!!
seanery
I like the seats.
seat pic
anthony
Stylish! Is it me or is the bottom of the door orange?
TheCabinetmaker
Yes the bottom of the door is orange. As is the inside of the front hood. Six months ago the wheels were rusty red. Did anyone wonder why the tires were so black? yep, spray paint.
URY914
IT'S SITTING ON A NICE TRAILER.
YOU THINK HE LIVES IN THE RV?

paul
TheCabinetmaker
He should. It was nicer than his "shack".
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.