Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seanery's car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Curvie Roadlover
Can we get a progress report? Will it be ready by the time the MISR rolls around?

(Mid Indiana State Ramble) confused24.gif
seanery
should be ready.
Brad Roberts
I think the cam got sent back... Why they send a camshaft UPS asking for a signature.. I'll never know..

The engine is apart and waiting for the camshaft.. it will take 8-10 hours to re-assemble and get back into the car running.

The heads are out having the spark plug holes welded up and re-tapped.

It should be done within the next 10 days or so.

The cam is pissing me off. Tell them to DROP it at my door. I havent been to the shop in 4 days... and I get a call from one of the employees that UPS is looking for my signature... and the UPS driver knows me and wont let anyone else sign for the shit. finger.gif .

B
GWN7
I had UPS leave $3000 worth of bows on my front steps. My dad happened to drive by and see them and put them inside. I called UPS and asked WTF. They said they no longer required a signature. Another time they left 6 boxes of clothing on the back porch. Two weeks later I got a email asking me to check the samples. Good thing it hardly rained during that time and the samples were wrapped in plastic.

Never use UPS to send anything up here.

They are idiots. finger.gif
seanery
brad,

I need the info that the ups guy left you.
phone #, parcel #, etc...
mike_the_man
Ya, UPS guys in Canada ain't that bright. A girl I work with told me one time they were delivering some computer parts to her house. Nobody was home, so they stuck a note on the door and hid the box in the bushes. The note blew off, and 3 days later, she found a box full of computer parts in the bushes. Luckily, no rain. I don't think they would have stood up to well. UPSing to Canada just isn't good.
redshift
UPS gets no quarter from me, 6 years ago, they destroyed an historic, one of a kind guitar I shipped, then they repacked it, and took nearly 6 weeks to return it, and when it was returned, it had been damaged further. Insurance? Yeah. They told me to fuck off, and refused to pay. 1967 blue flying V, 0000014.. a handful of numbers from Jimi Hendrix' black one.

So what do you do?

I REFUSE TO ACCEPT SHIPMENTS FROM UPS, PERIOD.

FUCK UPS, they are nothing but fuck ups.

smile.gif

Hey, I feel better, not really.

M
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(redshift @ Aug 21 2003, 06:20 AM)
FUCK UPS, they are nothing but fuck ups.

Very clever, redshift
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.