Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 Wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
9magazine
I know this subject has been kinda beat to death but I wanted some new view points.

We are working on our Project 75 1.8 914.

- If we keep the 4 bolt pattern wheels, what are the largest wheels we can put on to our Project Car?

Look forward to your replies.

Brian Minson
ChicagoChris
www.revolutionwheels.net

They have a nice 6 spoke wheel designed for the 914. I want to say it is a 15x6 or a 15x7 I have forgotten. Either way. I think they have a 16 inch also. This dealer S&S bought the remaining sets from the maker and should have them in stock by now. I spoke to them about a month ago. Just about everything else I found was a custom made wheel costing big $.
Chris

Porsche Rescue
Revolution has 7x15 and 7x17 which fit. You might also find the older 7x15 revolutions on the used market but they are rare. Here are the older NLA wheels
Porsche Rescue
Here are the currently available 7x15's (called Millenium). Will set you back about $1000 for four with lugs and shipping.
I think Mike Mueller has posted pics of the 7x17's. Might try searching "Revolution".
J P Stein
Well done, James. Another excuse to post a pic of your car.
You're gettin' as good at it as me laugh.gif
Porsche Rescue
Had a good teacher!
J P Stein
Well, it sure is purdy.
Did I mention I wub.gif black 914s?
neo914-6
QUOTE (Porsche Rescue @ Dec 6 2005, 08:07 PM)
Here are the currently available 7x15's (called Millenium). Will set you back about $1000 for four with lugs and shipping.
I think Mike Mueller has posted pics of the 7x17's. Might try searching "Revolution".

you mean these?
Porsche Rescue
that's them.........but where are the tires?
Mueller
mine are 17x7 under stock fenders with 205/40(could be 45s)...car has been lowered since that picture, looks much better smile.gif

I think the 17" rims are pushing it on a stock fendered car....18" or bigger would look just plain crazy....

that is pretty much the widest setup under stock fenders...

At this years WCC, Automobile Atlanta showed up with 4-lug Kinesis 3 piece wheels that I think measured 17x8 front and 17x9 in the rear under GT flares.

Kinesis or Fikse should have no problem making 4x130 rims for you...open your wallet, not cheap at I think $400 per wheel
Air_Cooled_Nut
agree.gif on the rim size...I'm NOT diggin' those wheels on the green teener, sorry sad.gif Especially the rear ones.
nomore9one4
QUOTE (Air_Cooled_Nut @ Dec 7 2005, 06:25 AM)
agree.gif on the rim size...I'm NOT diggin' those wheels on the green teener, sorry sad.gif Especially the rear ones.

I like them! biggrin.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (boboli914@att.net @ Dec 7 2005, 01:37 PM)
agree.gif  on the rim size...I'm NOT diggin' those wheels on the green teener, sorry sad.gif  Especially the rear ones.

I like them! biggrin.gif

I like 'em too...

agree.gif
IronHillRestorations
agree.gif  on the rim size...I'm NOT diggin' those wheels on the green teener, sorry sad.gif  Especially the rear ones.

agree.gif

I'm a little more retro when it comes to 914 wheels, at least on stock bodied cars. Although, isn't that the "neo914"? Wheels and body mods go together, so I guess it depends on the whole package.

I issue I take with lots of these new wheels, is the fact that you'd better not let them fall face down, or you've got a ticket to scrapeville, as well as the ease in curbing. I like enough offset to be able to lay them down face down without damaging something.

FWIW, I used to have a widebody 914 6 conversion car with 16 x 8" five lug Fuchs on the rear. One day driving in traffic some knucklehead pinched me into the curb at about 35 mph, and the right rear bounced off the curb a little hard. I didn't want to hit the curb, but I didn't want to hit the trailer trash Camaro either. I didn't want to look at what was once by perfect polished wheel, but know what? No damage!! The tire got a little scuffed on the sidewall, but that was it. Try that with any of the wheels pictured here (except those NLA ones)!
Mueller
I agree with you Perry...had I known the spokes stuck out so far on the Revolutions, I would not have bought them, of the pictures I saw originally of them, it never crossed my mind that is how they are built......

oh well....they are paid for and on the car so I'll deal with it.......

TROJANMAN
depends on the color of the car i think. someone had once posted some pics of those rims on a red car. i thought they looked pretty sweet.
not my cup of tea, but they looked really nice on that car. wink.gif
TROJANMAN
here's the link
i think they look pretty sweet on this ride
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Dec 7 2005, 07:40 PM)
here's the link

agree.gif drooley.gif
Brando
These are the wheels I will be going with. 16x7 front, 16x8 rear, with these tires on there.

user posted image
user posted image

drooley.gif w00t.gif

You can probably go up to 18" wheel diameter, but with tires keep it within or at stock tire diameter and you'll be fine.
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE (TROJANMAN @ Dec 7 2005, 04:40 PM)

They do look better on a shiney car! I guess it's a fair trade off for that much extra tire.
TROJANMAN
QUOTE (Brando @ Dec 7 2005, 07:34 PM)
These are the wheels I will be going with. 16x7 front, 16x8 rear, with these tires on there.

user posted image

drooley.gif w00t.gif

those look like the wheels i have on my jeep biggrin.gif
Rand
mwyatt's wheels look awesome. I hope he doesn't mind me borrowing his photo for some Photoshopping...
My car is black and I wanted to see what it would look like. Also with the centers toned down to satin gray...
I think I like it. Hmm... 205x40x17 under stock fenders... Sweet!

user posted image

spare time toys
17 X 8.5 twist on front. Jack is to put it at ride hight.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.