Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT- Off to the Great White North
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
Starting on Dec. 11th, I am flying to Montreal for a week. (insert shivering smiley here) I know we have some club members in that area, and I wanted to know if anyone wanted to get together for dinner one night. I will be headed home on Friday evening so that is out.

I will be staying in the downtown area, so I won't have a rent car this trip. It will have to be within walking distance of downtown.

MecGen
Hey Hey

You bet ! Lots of nice restos in the area. chowtime.gif
Downtown is a really nice place to be this time of year.

I'll check around with some locals members.
But for sure I'm in !

I"ll PM you my cell #

Later
michel richard
Clay,

I work right downtown, and live 15 minutes away. Would be fun to meet.

Please email richardm@vmbl.ca

Michel Richard
michel richard
Forecast highs for the first few days of your stay will be right around 30 deg F, balmy. Lows should be in the mid-teens.
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (michel richard @ Dec 7 2005, 10:09 AM)
Forecast highs for the first few days of your stay will be right around 30 deg F, balmy. Lows should be in the mid-teens.

That's the temp here right now...... But we are suposed to be back to the 50s by the end of the week.

I will call you when I get in town.
DougC
Wow, they send you to Arizona in the Summer and Canada in the winter - someone at your company doesn't like you unsure.gif

Doug C
Dave_Darling
I wonder if that one hostess is still working at the restaurant on the square in the Veiux Port? She was a hottie... wub.gif She seemed to like my attempts at speaking French, too! wink.gif

--DD
Rand
Just remember, if the waiter says "we're running out of that," it really means they RAN out already... laugh.gif

I learned that some places up there do not have the same "past tense" language as I'm used to. We were at this nice little French restaurant and I'm talking to the waiter about this dessert... He says, "we are running out of that." I say, "Ok I'll take one then," thinking I better get my order in soon...

He says again, "we are running out."

I'm thinking, "ok, bring mine quickly before someone else gets the last one!" But I got it... "Running out" doesn't just mean running out, it means there's none left!

The next morning I order an omelete and the waitress asks if I want "melting cheese" on it. Yes please! I get it now. This is the land of present tense...

So I say, Canadians rock - don't live in the past, sieze the moment!

Ok, sorry, I'm done with my diversion now.

biggrin.gif beer3.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (DougC @ Dec 7 2005, 11:01 AM)
Wow, they send you to Arizona in the Summer and Canada in the winter - someone at your company doesn't like you unsure.gif

Doug C

I was thinking the same thing....
MecGen
[QUOTE]Wow, they send you to Arizona in the Summer and Canada in the winter - someone at your company doesn't like you

Ya but we have the french women to keep us warm driving-girl.gif I am an experienced traveller and Montreal has the prettiest women in the world (per population). As for the food...Whatz to your liking?

There is salt on the roads, so a burn in my 914 is out...it gonna get cold next week... yikes.gif

See Ya

beer.gif
ClayPerrine
Well, I have arrived here in Montreal.....

Can someone tell me, what is this strange white stuff that's falling from the sky?

And why can't I understand anybody.... wink.gif

av-943.gif

Seriously,

Anyone want to get together for dinner on Wed? Someplace here in downtown?

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.