Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Ultimate winter car
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rhcb914
For those of you who live in the land of snow and ice here's something to get your blood boiling.

All I can say is...........Gimme!! driving.gif

Audi Group B Rally Car

djm914-6
I've been trying to talk my nephew out of buying an A4 and to get Quatro Coupe. The Quatro Sport is still very expensive but the lower model look to be great toys.

On the Group B model; can you imagine driving on dirt and ice with 1000hp?
jhadler
Well they didn't call 'em the killer B's for nothing...

I always wondered what happened to those machines. Nice to see someone still plays with 'em...

-Josh2
jhadler

I always wondered what happened to those machines. Nice to see someone still plays with 'em...

-Josh2
Aaron Cox
insane smilie_pokal.gif
Tobra
QUOTE (jhadler @ Dec 7 2005, 11:38 AM)

-Josh2

They put them in the Audi museum. I remember reading a write up on that little excursion in Road and Track or something, the guy driving is one of the factory drivers from when the car was cmpaigned. I think they called them killer B's because they tended to kill people. 1000hp and ice is not a good combo, though it sounds pretty good to me.
Eric Taylor
Man, the sport quattro is such a cool car. I've got a video of a dahlback racing tuned one duing a 4 wheel burn out in circles in german, fills the screen with smoke. Can we post videos?
Eric
morgan
There is a man in Minnesota that has two of those. Got a ride around Road America. All I could say is WOW!!

John w00t.gif
i love porsche
there is/was one for sale on collectorcartraderonline.com

price is "please call"

i want it, along with one of the Ford RS 200's and the 924 GTR they have there...
TimT
I want a ford RS200 as well... but even higher on the wish list is one of the Renault Alpine Le Cars!!...

It was a Le Car with a turbocharged engine mid mounted. Could open a can of whoop as on a 930.
rhcb914
but even higher on the wish list is one of the Renault Alpine Le Cars!!...

The R5 Turbo...such a sweet car!!

http://www.stormloader.com/groupb/renault.html

TimT
R5 turbo .. yes thats the designation.. I had the chance to buy a tired one about 15 years ago.. still kicking myself
JmuRiz
From the Description of the video: "the driver was stig blomqvist"

The Stig!, haha beer.gif
Downunderman
All those lights!! I dont do it in the dark any more. Past that; must be clear unamibuous daylight. Driving that is.
Dan_F
Group B cars are awesome! I got to crew for Mach 2 Racing at the 2004 Pikes Peak International Hill Climb. They ran a Ford RS200 with Stig Blomqvist driving. The car was making 700-900 hp depending on boost. The engine builder spent the previous week at Le Mans with one of the prototype cars. We won the unlimited class.

More info here...
http://www.mach2racing.com/
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.