Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat Belts are locked !!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
OK, I know this may be a stupid question but I have a problem with the new (used) seat belts that I just bought. They are 944 belts that I got to put in my Teener. I started to install them last night and noticed that they would not un-roll beyond about an inch or so. At that point the lock activates and prevents the spool from moving any further. mad.gif . I got these because the stock 914 belts were doing the same thing (uninstalled) and I assumed they were bad headbang.gif . So 4 different belts with the same situation is not a coinsidence, there has to be a way to get them to move..doesn't look like the lock can be held open in any way. Advice please..! Thanks.

Doug C
watsonrx13
If you're interested in unlocking your 914 belts, you might check out the write up I have on my website. Hope it helps.

-- Rob
blitZ
I just added 944 belts. You should be able to pop the larger cover off. It has some push pins, just push the little shafts out to remove. Inside you will see a little wheel with points on it to rachet and stop the belt travel. Hold back the tab stopping the wheel and pull out a good 4 feet. I held mine in place with some of those big paper clips. Don't remove the clip until you have it completely mounted on the car.

I also had to drill the hole where the pin from the mounting bracket sticks into the backwall. Mine worked out well.
DougC
Thanks for the replys you guys, I know with this info I can get it done.. The funny thing is that I figured this was what needed to be done and on the original set of 914 belts I popped off the THIN side cover thinking it would be the safe side. Of course the spring went haywire and i was screwed. Thanks again!

Doug C
SirAndy
QUOTE (DougC @ Dec 7 2005, 09:55 AM)
I got these because the stock 914 belts were doing the same thing (uninstalled) and I assumed they were bad

you know you have to hold them upright if you want them to work, right?

if they're out of the car, they won't work until you hold them exactly like if they're mounted ...
wink.gif Andy
DougC
biggrin.gif Well, of course I knew that ..... headbang.gif ah well it's only money.

Doug C
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.