Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repost. Black 914 2.0L 76 for sale!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
surferjoe
I am reposting this in the classifieds to show recent pics of the car. I had a huge response to my last posting and people wanting to see more pics. Well, I posted a few on craigslist and linked them here. I really wanted to trade for a bike, but may need to just sell it now. Again the car is located in Tustin, Ca at my parents. I can arrange to have them show it to you when you want. If you are out of state and are interested, I will try and get as many pics as possible and I have listed the history of the car again below:

Black 1976 Porsche 914 2.0L. Excellent condition. I purchased it a while back for $3,500.00 and put another $1,800.00 in the motor at HPH in Redwood City. I have all receipts for it. I also just purchased two new seats. I have driven many 914's and this one is sharp and strong. It has a salvaged title from theft years ago, the parts were replaced back to factory. The pics below show the black paint fading from the sun but still in good shape. The body is perfect. Inside front and rear is in great condition. Door panels need replacing at some point. Dash has 3 small cracks but still looks nice. Minimal rust under the battery tray but not much. There are small sun cracks near the rear and on the top of the doors. Would need a paintjob later to complete it.

Shoot me an email if you want more info.

Looking to get $3,500.00 cash or trade.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
surferjoe
Also let me know what you guys think. Am I asking too much? Too little? I realize it's salvaged, but in very good shape. Motor runs like a champ. Clutch is ok but may need replacing in a few hundred miles. Brakes were also replaced with racing brakes on the front. I know I wont get my money I invested in it, but would at least like to try and get the original price I bought it for.

wacko.gif
Carlitos Way
IMHO, you're fighting a losing battle if you're trying to sell it locally (in CA), mostly because of the year. It's the only smoggable year for 914's as far as I know. Most of us don't want to deal with smog stuff. The stuff is expensive, and it robs the engine of too much power. You might be able to find someone out of state who is interested in buying it. That would be your best option. You could always e-bay it as one more "prime California no-rust" on ebay.

anthony
If it's not selling, then it's over priced IMHO. I'd put it up on craigslist again for $3K and see what happens. You could also advertise it more widely.

Time of the year is probably contributing to slow sales especially now that Xmas is in a few weeks. People are busy shopping and preparing for the holidays. Waiting until January might be good if it doesn't sell on the next round of advertising.

I think it's going to be a bit of a tough sale. As previously mentioned a '76 is a tough sell in CA. The car needs a lot of interior and exterior refurbishment. When most guys add it up they are thinking $3.5k for the car, $3K for paint, $1K for interior, and $1K miscellaneous stuff.

anthony
The other thing I'd recommend is detailing the car inside and out and then taking larger, higher resolution, and more flattering pictures. Good pics and good online ads really help sell cars faster these days.
Mueller
the salvage title is sure to scare a few people away...supposedly there are companies that can legally(?) take care of that for about $250 or so....someone posted an ad for one type service before on here.

no idea how they do it, I'm guessing register the car in another state, then register it here.....you'd think CA would have a database, but who knows????

good luck on the sale, the car looks pretty decent...the smog issue really sucks, it can be fixed for less than $500 by the new owner if they don't have to worry about smog to get most of the hp back that is lost due to the poor exhaust....
porschecb
Should this car be in the classified section! wacko.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (porschecb @ Dec 7 2005, 07:53 PM)
Should this car be in the classified section! wacko.gif

it sorta should be, but he is getting advice on trying to sell it which might benifit others smile.gif

TROJANMAN
pm sent wink.gif
surferjoe
Thanks for the info guys. At this point I really need to sell it because of the storage situation, otherwise I would keep it. I posted it on eBay. Reserve is set at $3,200.00. Thanks again for the feedback. I will miss this place. smile.gif

eBay Link

P.S.

I emailed you TrojanMan. wink.gif
surferjoe
Sold it for $3,200.00. Avoided eBay fee's.

cool.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.