Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Another teaser (subaru conversions)
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
TonyAKAVW
More information later today...
dmenche914
Ok were is the aircooled conversion for the Subaru? now that would be really worth waiting for, no plumbing/radiator issues!
fiid
Alternator mounting?
fiid
or is it an idler pulley to make the stock belt fit....?
TonyAKAVW
Okay, so here are the rest of the images...
TonyAKAVW
This image shows the low point of the adjustment.
TonyAKAVW
Isometric view
Aaron Cox
those pink capscrews will look mighty becoming on you new motor av-943.gif

serious -looks like an awesome piece!
TonyAKAVW
So what is it? Its a bracket for flipping the alternator on a Subaru engine. This allows you to rotate the intake manifold around. This is important because when using a Subaru engine in a 914, the intake points into the trunk. If you use the stock transmission mounts the intake will not clear the rear trunk.

Okay, so what you see is several pieces, some of which will be included in the kit, some of which are parts from the stock Subaru alternator mount. In the image, the alternator is shown, missing the actual alternator parts (just showing the front mounting plane and pulley).

The gray colored vertical portion is a simplified drawing of the stock Subaru alternator mount, and the small brown part is the stock tensioner/adjuster block.
so what you get are the purple screws, the green, and blue parts.

So who is interested? Price will be $125. With shipping, taxes it comes out to $150.31. These will be CNC machined from aluminum.

I am not producing these, so don't send me money. This needs to be a group buy to make it work out. So if you are serious about buying one of these, please PM me or say so here.

-Tony
TonyAKAVW
icon_bump.gif
RD Evans
Tony-

There is another thread about this issue but I'm curious of this mount will work with an a/c setup?
firstknight13
tony will this work on a 20t ?? if s othen i'm up for it smilie_pokal.gif
TonyAKAVW
Normally the compressor sits where the alternator will sit with the instalolation of this kit. However, there is room on the other side of the intake, though whether its sufficient for fitting a compressor I don't know. There must be some way to use a compressor, maybe with some extension away from the engine.

-Tony
Brando
If you're having all of these custom brackets and pieces made up, what's stopping you from going with a turbo-scoob application?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.