Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hi-torque starter for V8 applications
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
propricer
Any V8 people here have personal experience with the Nippondenso hi-torque starter on eBay for $109 ... will it crank a 325HP 327SBC with no problems ???

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/PORSCHE-911...sspagenameZWDVW
bondo
I bought that starter from that guy on ebay. I haven't used it yet so I can't tell you how well it cranks, but I can tell you it shipped quickly and spins when powered. biggrin.gif

Also, it is not the type that can be reclocked, the gear housing and the flange are one piece.. BUT, it doesn't need to be reclocked, as it sticks out to the side. (the ones that need reclocking put the body of the motor up until they're reclocked)
Aaron Cox
skline has one on a small block. i think he is happy with it
GWN7
I have one from him....fast delivery (he mailed it) Cranks the 350 just fine.
Andyrew
Cranks my 355 just fine.
dwillouby
Looks like its the same one that I paid over twice that price from Renagade. Mine works great.
David
SLITS
They will turn a high compression engine with ease....
smooth_eddy
I just put one in my /4 and it is great. No more hot start (non-start) problems. Yes, he ships really fast. It is deffinately an upgrade from the stock starter. smilie_pokal.gif Use the eBay coupon and get it delivered to your door for $99. Eddy
propricer
Sounds like it will solve my problem ... what eBay coupon ???
GWN7
Ebay coupon Here
propricer
Thanx ... seems to have worked. I used the C23 and got $15 off.
Great - thanx, guys ... and even though it seems to be politically incorrect ... Merry Xmas !!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.