Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Glass bead
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bondo
I've sandblasted before, but usually with sand or silicon carbide. I tried a bead blaster at work and like what it does. I would like to get some for my small blasting cabinet at home, but I don't know where to go or what to buy. Is it all the same material, or are there different hardnesses, etc.? I imagine it comes in different sizes... what is best?

I intend to use it for cleaning car parts as prep for paint or powdercoating.
r_towle
Black Beauty is my favorite..I like the name...

you can get it at your local tool rental place that rents sand blasting equipment...

They sell the sand and the glass bead (black beauty)

Rich
Dave Bell
Good ol Harbor Freight carries glass bead last time I checked... they can hook you up with a 50 lb box.

Stay away from SiO2 common sand.... look up silicosis disease on the web if you want to now why....

Home Depot sells Marble sand (CaCO3,).... probabably get a 50 to 100 lb bag real cheap for something more agressive than glass bead.

- Dave
davep
I'm not sure what all is available, however I can easily get bead or glass fines. The bead is about triple the price. There are multiple grades of sand and similar material. I even have a quantity of ground walnut shell.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.