Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint Scheme
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
spunone
Ok lets say my car is Olympic blue and a change color would be a real pain.What if we add a orange accent or stripe anybody done this before ?/Got Pics wacko.gif
Tobra
Sounds like the old Gulf race colors
MattR
The factory tried it

user posted image

biggrin.gif
gregrobbins
Tim Hannums car
spunone
Thanks for the pics wonder if there 's any other accents that'll work with the olympic blue ?? Any Ideas?or more pics would be great.Thanks
McMark
I think white stripe/s with a black pinstripe would be hella tight (trying to keep up on my teenage lingo).
spunone
Ok whos got the paint brush gotta see how tight/ cool.gif
spunone
dead horse.gif come on guys we gotta have something out there pray.gif
Aaron Cox
do it gulf!!! that's be badass
GaroldShaffer
I know Will (qa1142) was thinking about this last year. I know he has a drawing or two of the Gulf look LE style if you know what I mean.

Will you out there?
seanery
Navy blue might be a good trim color, if it was the right navy blue.
gregrobbins
This?
gregrobbins
Or this in blue and orange
boxstr
Heres one.
lotus_65
kind of a shlock job, but my dinner's on.

i love it. mine was o-blue, and that's the first thing i thought of.
Dave_Darling
I've wanted to get a vinyl version of the single orange (black outline) arrow as used on some of the Gulf 908 spyders that ran the Targa Florio. I think it'd look "amusing" on my car...

user posted image

user posted image

--DD
dmenche914
white would be a nice color with the light blue, the orange is also very good. I think the navy blue would also be nice maybe one on the lighter side. Personally I like the orange. I think a real dark color might be too contrasty with the light blue so a black stripe may not be that great looking. Adding a number on the door and hood will make it like a race car!
spunone
Thanks guys now ya got me thinking beer.gif
Jacco
A member of the Dutch 914 club recently painted his teener in the Gulf scheme,
here ya go:

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image

greets
Jacco
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.