Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shaggy To Be Grounded Soon
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Tettster

I know I posted this before, but John hijacked my thread. owned.gif

Where should this wire go? It's a ground wire, and we don't know where to put it on Shaggy's car. Hmmm, mysterious, eh?

bd1308
its going to the AAR.

Put it to the coil(?)(not right)

its 12V, but i bet if you take the AAR off, you'll see that line going straight into the bottom of it.

I have 3 AARs and all three have that red wire.

b
McMark
That wire looks too fat for an AAR wire.
bd1308
why dont you all follow the wire?

my gut feeling is AAR, but I've been known to be wrong before.

b
SirAndy
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 7 2005, 05:05 PM)
I have 3 AARs and all three have that red wire.

the wire in the pic looks brown to me ?!? confused24.gif
bondo
Bolted to the engine, underneath all that FI stuff, is a thingy bolted to the engine that several ground wires go to. It *could* go to that, for the purposes of grounding whatever is at the other end of that wire.

I would think our resident engine harness expert (bowlsby) would be able to fugure out where it goes.

Nice font BTW.
Dave_Darling
The FI grounds are all white. So is the wire going to the AAR. (The wire coming out of the bottom of the AAR is red, but the wire in the wiring harness is white.)

Check the wire carefully--is it really brown, or is it a faded/discolored red? Or some other color? Any tracer stripes?

What other wires are in that wiring harness (the bundle of wires)? Where does the harness connect, the relay board? (If so, which connection on the relay board?)

Answer these questions for us--and tell us the year of the car--and we should be able to zero in on the wire.

--DD
bd1308
i see red....

AAR and i'm stickin' to it tongue.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.