Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Do you have a homemade enginge test stand?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Granite 914
I'm just wondering how many DO have a test stand for these engines (or any engines for that matter).

I've kinda thought of bolting/welding one together myself sometime, as I've got an extra, complete 2.0L that I'd like to setup and see if/how well it is, without putting it in the car. I also think it would come in kinda handy for other reasons along the way. Misc. components like fuel supply, DME location, switches, temp, tach and oil pressure gauge is a definate addition to it for what I have in mind.

I'm kinda anal. That kinda goes with Porsche ownership anyway, doesn't it? For me, of course, it will just be more of, IF/WHEN I can get around to it.

I did a search, and saw a great example of one made from wood, and was just a wondering what all might be out there.

Got pictures? I love to get some of your ideas, and copy some of your hard work, ya know.

I'm also interested in possibly making a turning fixture for welding on a stripped out body (rottissery tool...(sp)). ALSO, very interested in these kind of pictures, and experiences too!

THANKS! biggrin.gif
MikeP
Brad has video of me starting up my V8 in one of those cheesy roll around stands from Summit. That was hillbilly engineering day #1!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.