Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: got slammed agian last night
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
messix
pictures to come .. but while stopped at a traffic light on haighway 9, some D/A driver plows into to car behind me and shoves me into truck in front of me. my daughter was with me and is ok, me? very stiff this morning. i'm still recovering from a much worse accident three years ago. so off to the attornee.
lagunero
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you walked away from it.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (lagunero @ Dec 8 2005, 09:20 AM)
Ouch! Sorry to hear that. Glad to hear you walked away from it.

werd.....

hope you get just compensation
Root_Werks
Troy, PM me your cell number, I can't find it. Tried to call you the other night.

Hope your okay there buddy. sad.gif Gald your daughter is doing alright. I hate getting rear ended. I know it happens, but the whole situation just plain sucks! headbang.gif
Allan
Glad you and your daughter are okay...
messix
thanx guys. pm sent dan.
boxstr
Troy happy to read everyone is doing fine.
What car were you driving?
CCLINRE
messix
very lucky no one was sent to the e-room. the car that was struck first is a mini van, it was hit so hard the dodge dakota that hit pushed the back bumper into the third row seat, the third row seat was pushed into the second row seat! there were child seats in the mini van but the woman that was the driver was alone! so lucky or/and angles were beside her. her van [that stopped behind me about 6 to 8 feet away] pushed into to my truck and bent the bumper and class five trailer hitch with the weight distributing hitch installed [see pictures] and then pushed my fully stopped 7,200 lb truck eight to ten feet into the truck in front of me. my seat back bent under the impact back about 35% to 40% and twisted clockwise about 5%.
messix
thank you

Craig. no it wasn't the teener. this stuff really makes me wounder if its worth enjoying this great little car with the risk of greater injury and complete loss of the car if in some accident.
how many teeners have been totaled in the past six months here? just a shame. i wpould hate to feel that the only time i could take it out would be for parades and shows. not enjoy this car the way it was ment to be.
boxstr
I see visions of a 2006 Jeep SRT8. biggrin.gif
CCLINIHAVEAV8
messix
i'd take your car hauler/ motor home
smontanaro
QUOTE (messix @ Dec 8 2005, 11:21 AM)
how many teeners have been totaled in the past six months here?

914s were never big cars. Today's SUV mentality makes them that much smaller and less visible. Driving mine back from St. Louis to Chicago after I bought it, I remember glancing over at a 4x4 that was passing me. The top of his wheel well was right about level with my eyes.

Skip
rhodyguy
9 and what troy? getchel, frontier village, clearview,...?

k
jhadler
When on the road in the teener, I go out with the same mind-set that I did when I was riding motorcycles... That everyone is deliberately trying to kill me. If I couldn't strap on the helmet with that in mind, I didn't take the bike. For me, the same thing applies to the teener. If I can't get in the car and realise that I'm on the deffensive from the moment I get on the street, I don't drive it. And for me, the best defense is a good offense. Just like on the track, anticipate, and predict, avoid situations where you have to react instead. Hell, sometimes I think bikes are more visible than the teener...

-Josh2
messix
south bound from snohomish at marsh road [seattle hill rd/ south end of harvey field the ariport] we went though that intercection on the road run.
messix
frount doesn't look to bad.
messix
another
messix
back bumper
messix
hitch
messix
at the frame
messix
i wish i had my camera last night to show what the van looked like. makes me really consider what a safe car is. the mini van was one of those smaller vans with the regular back doors instead of the sliding doors. but what can you do when some one slams into you at 50 mph!
Root_Werks
You make a good piont, it is always a little freaky driving something around that sits so low when every other cell phone talking, child yelling driver has a 6000lb SUV going 60mph. That is one deadly weapon! ohmy.gif

Looks like your truck faired okay considering. sad.gif
Brett W
I agree with Josh. Drive offensively. I have always owned and driven small cars. Don't like big cars or trucks. They don't handle, stop, or go. My 914 usually put me eye level with the rocker panel on most suburbans and my Civic's roof is level with the top of the bed on a Ford F150. So its all about driving ahead of and around everyone else on the road. I have never had an accident involving another car (plenty of times I have paid myself for overdriving road conditions).

Glad to hear you are OK. Even more glad it wasn't a teener. Can't be killin' off anymore of those.
sportlicherFahrer
Really glad to hear that you and your daughter are ok. Thank goodness your truck wasnt a Ford! Some of those newer ones have BAD crash ratings. It does make me wonder what my teener would have looked like if my wreck was in the middle of an intersection and the other driver in an Escape had been doin even 35. Scary.
Eddie914
Troy,

Glad you and your daughter are O.K.

I bet you are glad you were in the truck ...

Eddie
GTeener
Glad you are all OK.

And weren't driving your 914! Phew!
Kargeek
Glad to hear that you and your daughter are OK.

Everyone play it safe this time a year as everyone has their head up their ass driving with the holidays. I have witnessed accidents every day this week and I’m sure that things are going to get worse as we get closer to that last shopping day. DH
smooth_eddy
Hi Troy....

Glad to hear you and your daughter are okay clap.gif I am glad you were not in your 914 as both of you would probably be in the hospital. I attached a photo I took on the trip you lead last summer driving.gif Just glad the two of you are okay. Eddy
messix
thanx Ed, i saved that picture from the orig. post. it is priceless to me.

thank you ever one. my accident was very minor compared to what others have endured this almost one year that have known this great community. you people are a just like a family, you fight and bicker, but when needed or called you are united.

dont mess with the teeners!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.