Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is this part?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Trevorg7
I cannot seem to find the name of this part. It is on the front of the targa top.

I want to replace it but cannot identify it.

Thanks for the help

T
bd1308
i know what you're talking about but I just dont know what its called...it's a trim piece though.

b
Root_Werks
I got one of them in perfect shape. $30 and it's yours.

I think they just call it a targa bulster? idea.gif
sk8kat1
targa top front seal ? part # 914-563-319-10-M136 at pelican parts they describe as "This seal attaches to the front of the targa top and helps it mate with the windshield to roof seal(S) located on the car. " confused24.gif

give a look on the site it gives info where the seal are located and descrips as to what they do in alot of cases

hope this helps

mike
Trevorg7
Thanks for the feedback. I did see the seal on Pelican but I don't recall it including the pad on the upper inside leading edge of the top.

Thanks

T
Root_Werks
Targa top Pad, that's it!
Trevorg7
cool thanks

Root_works - PM sent.

T
Mike D.
Believe or not, there are actually 3 different top pads/bolisters (whatever). They all look the same from the outside but the undersides have different shapes and cutouts for the targa top. I think it's early, mid and late years. You may be able to take a knife to one to make it fit another.
-Mike D.
Root_Werks
Hmm, Trevor, the one I have is from a 73' if it makes a difference? idea.gif
Trevorg7
Mike D - thanks for the details

Dan - Let me know eitherway. I might still move forward with it as the changes, if needed, would be hidden.

Thanks.

T
Trevorg7
Root_Werks aka Dan - thanks!

Old part....

T
Trevorg7
And the new one, thanks Dan

T
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.