Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Online or In Person
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
EdwardBlume
I'm just curious what people think.
Andyrew
Hey I have 100% backing my vote up! wink.gif for now....

I can go either way with comfort...
ChrisReale
I like the swap meet aspect, where you get to shoot the shit about 914's and Porsche's, but I would only buy certain things at a swap. I would buy electrical things like relays, TPS's and stuff like that from dealers like GPR or Paragon. I bought a harness bar from Camp 914 at the last swap, and a few minutes later I bought a Sabelt 4 point harness. I feel I got a good deal, especially because I was planning on buying both of the items new, from some race house. boldblue.gif
J P Stein
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Aug 20 2003, 10:58 PM)

I can go either way with comfort...

I wouldn't touch that line with a stick.

As for parts, I like gud stuff for cheep. Simple, no?
anthony
I voted "definitely online" because there really isn't a full-on Porsche parts house that is close to me. Parts Heaven, HPH are both 45-75 minutes away from me. Small Car World is my local VW/Bug discount auto parts place and they are good for turn-up parts and anything Bosch.

I've also bought a lot of parts from guys in the 914 community who are parting out cars. In many cases this is the only source for certain types of parts. I've mostly given up on ebay for parts, especially interior parts, because the condition has always been worse than expected.
tryan
get the part #'s online. order by phone and get the guys name and write it down.

in person is not an option for me.
Bruce Allert
On line is gud (I only got burned twice unsure.gif ) and in person is gud too (got burned once rolleyes.gif ) my own fault...
It's kinda nice doin the swap meets and talkin' the prices down (but only if you don't know the person selling wink.gif )
bruce
redshift
I thought this was going to be a sex poll.

M
EdwardBlume
If its a sex pool... none of us have a clue or a life!!! huh.gif

0% prefer in person only! ohmy.gif
redshift
ohmy.gif

Oh my god, and I don't even have a 914!

I meant to say, "I don't have one with a new engine that runs."

M
Rockaria
When you live in BFE, anything is good. I would love a good swap, but traveling 1,000 miles to do it?... Thank goodness for online.
MattR
mail order

from russia

wub.gif
Joe Bob
I prefer sex.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.