Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 75'/76' with GT flares
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
shelby/914
Just wondering what it might look like. Anyone have a pix of such a beast. Have looked at most of the member car pix and didn't see one. Mabey there is a reason.
jd74914
The last factory /6 produced (1976) cool.gif
Root_Werks
Doesn't that just about want to make you cry knowing they could have built 914-6's in 1976 and didn't?

You know 76' 914's are the only ones that don't have the VW Type47 Sticker on them, just like 914-6's.
TimT
Mine is a '75 with GT flares and an IMSA nose

TROJANMAN
i think there is one for sale on the pelican board with pics. wink.gif
TROJANMAN
here ya go Dan
Root_Werks
That's a nice looking car! wub.gif
Mueller
QUOTE (shelby/914 @ Dec 8 2005, 03:22 PM)
Mabey there is a reason.

a lot of the GT flared 914s are trying to emulate the early GT cars which only had the early style bumpers....

the '75/'76 bumpers are heavy (front is more aerodynamic however and more easily allows a front oil cooler without cutting up the front trunk)

more people modify the earlier cars due to them being lighter and not as many smog issues depending on the state....

I like the bigger bumpers screwy.gif
brant
regarding the car for sale on Pelican.

I know that car.
it was a colorado car until fairly recently.
It was a 3.0 that the current owner bought approximately 4 months ago... and took the motor from.

I think it may have been built by Gary Smith too.

brant
carr914
Here's one I had about 18 years ago.

T.C.
sixnotfour
Heres a 75 Dan Root had 2.0-4 to 2.2-6,broken motor I owned it went to 1.8-4,sold it , now it has 2.5-6 and 916 bumbers, new paint.
shelby/914
Thanks everyone for the info and pix. Tomorrow I will hold on to my wallet, and stop by a body shop an see what the owner estimates it would cost. He is in the process of installing GT flares on his origional 1970/6, so he will know the time involved.
Root_Werks
QUOTE (sixnotfour @ Dec 8 2005, 04:30 PM)
Heres a 75 Dan Root had 2.0-4 to 2.2-6,broken motor I owned it went to 1.8-4,sold it , now it has 2.5-6 and 916 bumbers, new paint.

wub.gif Alaska Blue. I liked that car. wub.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.