Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Shipping a BackPad
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DougC
Hello I'm trying to locate an early backpad and need some suggestions on having it shipped to me. They are obviously large peices, if I have one broken down (3 piece) would they go back together fairly easily without screwing up the vinyl or particle board..are they riveted or what? Also, who is the most trustworthy of the main shippers..I don't want to use Greyhound, it's too dangerous in Dallas and I won't go near it. So all suggestions are appreciated.

Doug C
goose2
Doug, I think FedEx or UPS could ship it, although I'm sure there would be an oversize charge. You could measure and check their websites. BTW, I have a pretty nice backpad I don't need....I don't think I'd try to disassemble it.
BIGKAT_83
If its in good solid shape its no problem to take apart and put back together. Makes it allot cheaper on the shipping and easy to find a box for.

Bob biggrin.gif
736conver
Check the back out. if its in good shape it should be no problem to take apart. Most have damage/corrosion to the bottom screws though.

Good Luck
STL914
Doug,

I recently shipped a back pad to another club member. I dismantled it into the three sections and was able to place all three pieces in the box, stacked with bubble wrap betweem them.

I shipped by FedEx with no problems. I think the shipping cost was about $8.00, mainly due to the smaller box size I was able to use by dismantling the back pad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.