Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: '76 meets 396
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Maltese Falcon
Just stopping into my favorite coffee stop in the AM and my mechanic friend ('76 w/ pannasports) is working on a Chevelle SS396, 3 spd auto. He's diagnosing a chatter in the floorboard of the Chevelle- recently restored and now owned by Billy Bob Thornton. He puts it up in the air and I tell him to check the bolts on the torque converter-to flywheel flexplate. I guess the restorer never checked these (all loose), and the dust cover was missing also. The window weather strips on the doors were "Inner on the outside" and "Outer on the inside" , nevertheless I'm sure the restorer made bank on the sale.
Marty

Maltese Falcon
...nuther, real clean engine bay...but I can't figure out the (2) radiator overflow bottles-especially the one that's tilted on the L fender idea.gif
Torque Thruster wheels -not period correct -but a cool resto rod touch, so why not change the rear drums to discs while you're at it ??
BTDT with muscle cars rolleyes.gif
Marty
Bleyseng
I preferred them new......to many of 'dem nowdays are made way nicer than new.
messix
large tank is most likely a water injection for the high compression engine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.