Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Repairing driver's seat mount
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Chris Pincetich
While inspecting the condition of my drivers side rear floor pan, which when finally up on jack stands I discovered has a quarter-size hole all the way through, I started removing the drivers seat.

Haynes says "slide the seat forward...lift.." - well the whole thing just popped right out!! That's why it rattles and shakes so much laugh.gif

It is obvious I WANT a replaced floorpan and NEED new seat mounts. Are the two mated or can they be mutually exclusive? I see new sheetmetal from GPR, AA, and that other supplier site in the midwest (best price wink.gif ) but none of the floorpans seem to have the seat mounts. Searching Pelican and the club.914 Search I can't find any pictures or sources for after-market or OEM seat mounts. What gives??

The trusty mechanic advises that they are welded together and a suitable parts car is the best source, with the entire floorpan area with mounts being removed and swapped into my car. I think he might be right! sad.gif

Youz guyz are no strangers to rust issues - what is the best plan of attack here?
beerchug.gif
Chris Pincetich
Is this what I need?? - from AA

Part Number: G91452104110
Category: Porsche - Body
Name of item: Seat Adjuster Rail
Price: $313.39

I know "Porsche" and "inexpensive" are not used in the same sentence very often, but that sure seems like a lot of $$$$.
sad.gif
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (ChrisNPDrider @ Dec 9 2005, 03:43 PM)
Is this what I need?? - from AA

Part Number: G91452104110
Category: Porsche - Body
Name of item: Seat Adjuster Rail
Price: $313.39

I know "Porsche" and "inexpensive" are not used in the same sentence very often, but that sure seems like a lot of $$$$.
sad.gif

it sounds like you need the little seat hinge that is welded to the floor... those are about $50 a pair... if you need the rail, I'm sure you can get one from a member for much less...

billswim
Remember you also need good, rust free steel to weld those hinges to. I'm not certain your car will have that, hence the EASY suggestion.
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (billswim @ Dec 9 2005, 04:41 PM)
Remember you also need good, rust free steel to weld those hinges to. I'm not certain your car will have that, hence the EASY suggestion.

the floorpan itself is readily available from restoration design and others...
Katmanken
I made one for my car from a single piece of sheet steel.

Made a cardboard template bent and folded to fit. Cut out the shape in metal using a set of shears and a nibbler, and bent the vertical and horizontal folds in a vise with my trusty hammer.

Folded it in the middle ( it's an upside down "V" shape front to rear) and welded up the vertical seams...

Took about an hour and material cost was free...

Ken
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.