Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Recommended paint to use in interior
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
nine14cats
I want to freshen up the interior of "Fritz". I don't want to spray it because it's a PITA to tape everything off. I want to brush it on. And I don't want to use POR15. Great product, pain to use.

Let's have suggestions for the paint (i.e. auto paint with extra hardener, home depot concoctions, etc.)

This is a track only car.

Thanks,

Bill P.
tat2dphreak
you can rattle-can it...

you can use rustoleum or equlivelant...
Rand
Hammerite spray paint rocks. Easy to control (block with a piece of cardboard or mask small areas), tough, great rust protection, cool hammered finish...
McMark
Bill, that reminds me what did you use on the exterior of the 914? PM me if you want.
nine14cats
Hi Mark,

Are you referring to our old 914-6? The new one is with Scott Yeaman getting painted. Our old race car that we painted in our garage I used PPG paint right out of the paint book. I bought it at Lowe's Auto Paint supply in San Jose. It was noticebly thicker "feeling" when I shot it compared to the el cheapo stuff I used on the car a couple of years ago. The PPG stuff held up much better to track debris. And it was shiny!

I still have the receipts if you need the paint code info.

Bill P.
TimT
you can use zolatone, its for aircraft interiors, spendy though $60 or so aquart.

or just get a can of rustoleum and a foam brush
nine14cats
Wow...I didn't know Rustoleum came in a can...

Available at Home Depot/Lowe's/OSH?

Bill P.
Allan
QUOTE (nine14cats @ Dec 9 2005, 04:43 PM)
Available at Home Depot/Lowe's/OSH?

Bill P.

Yep, all those...
Porcharu
How about brush on truck "bedliner" paint like stuff. It should hold up really well to grit and that "stuff" that always gets into a car. I think a nice thin coat would work great and be light.
Eric_Shea
I recommend POR15 if your going to brush on the stuff. The longer set up time makes it flow fantastic (no brush marks). Hard as nails and rust inhibiting qualities. A pint should do the interior...?? That stuff goes a long way.
Porcharu
How about brush on truck "bedliner" paint like stuff. It should hold up really well to grit and that "stuff" that always gets into a car. I think a nice thin coat would work great and be light.
DanT
Please excuse my lack of knowledge but where can you get Por-15? unsure.gif
Eric_Shea
Please excuse my lack of knowledge but where can you get Por-15?

Usually any automotive paint store or here.
Trekkor
Bill, at Home Depot you can buy the Rustoleum in many ready mixed colors or have them make a color for you.

They have a variety of heavy duty blends.
The stuff for garage/warehouse floors might be a good choice.

What color are you going to use?

KT
DanT
QUOTE (Eric_Shea @ Dec 9 2005, 06:15 PM)
Please excuse my lack of knowledge but where can you get Por-15?

Usually any automotive paint store or here.

Thanks Eric
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.