Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Any idea how much for new BBS wheels
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
goobu
any idea how much a set of used BBS wheels should be confused24.gif

IPB Image

They are 15x7 (front) and 15x8 BBS rims

I am thinking about buying a set and I cannot find a price point to know if they are reasonably priced. Actually, the guy said make me an offer.

Thanks.
seanery
I don't think they are worth very much.

My buddy basically gave a set of 8's & 9's away.

Fuchs, IMHO, are worth more. And the 15" fuchs aren't fetching much $ any more.
boxstr
Some 15" Fuchs are still worth a fair amount, 15x6 deep offset, and the 911R 15"s I have read are worth??$1000. each. As a seller okay, as a buyer not so much.
CCLIN15"FUCHSVILLE
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(goobu @ Aug 21 2003, 06:41 AM)
They are 15x7 (front) and 15x8 BBS rims

I am thinking about buying a set...

if you decide to pass, let me know - i've always liked the looks of those wheels on a white 911, and the sizes are perfect... i'm right scross the river (practically) in Montgomery County, PA ...
J P Stein
I bought a set (4) of 7 X 15 inch BBS a while back....in serious need of refinishing....for 300 bucks.

As for 7 X 15 Fuch, both these and the BBS are popular with the track guys and the Fuch can be hard to find. The going rate for 4 "track wheels"seems to be around 600 bucks. The Fuch are considerably lighter.
machina
how much work is it to fit a 15x8 fuchs on the back? This is a race car and our fenders will be banged up anyway.

Do you have to rework the whole fender to do this?

thanks,
dr
goobu
The car in the pic is mine. It has a flared rear and I can fit 8"s on there with no problem. I just didn't know the name of the BBS style and I know the wheels are the same as the ones I have...so I used that pic.

I just want a second set of wheels so when I flat spot some tires (like I did did past weekend) I don't have to pack it in on the first day of a 3 day event.

Thanks for the info ... so I think I read $300-600 depending on condition?
J P Stein
There were a couple sets of 7 & 8 X 15s at the Sunset Swap "meat" last year....$600 was being asked. Go with the Fuch...loose weight ...4-5 lbs per wheel.....but watch for cracks. Those wheels are around 20 years old.

dr: I had to flare the crap outta the rear fenders to get 225 X 50 on 7s. I'd have to go out another 3/4 inch to get 8s under there....dunno if there is enuff metal to do that. I also had to add spacers (7mm) because of the negative camber...inner fender well clearance.
Andyrew
goobu, nice looking car! do you have any other pics?
goobu
Autocross a few weeks ago
IPB Image

I have another good pick...but I cannot seem to find it ... I will post it later.

Here is some in car video from a DE event at Watkins Glen
\"Slow White at Watkins Glen\"

Here is some video from another car, but my car is in it.
\"vipercam\" from customer built turn signal camera mount
goobu
QUOTE(J P Stein @ Aug 21 2003, 11:14 AM)
Go with the Fuch...loose weight ...4-5 lbs per wheel

Yeah...I know the Fuch would be ideal, but they are hard to find and more $. I will see. If I can get these BBS's for a decent price I will go with them...If not I will continue my search for Fuchs
seanery
Goobu,

You're car seems quite quick.
Whatcha got in there?

I like the point-bys from the tail draggers!
seanery
Here are some 7 & 8 BBS wheels
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(seanery @ Aug 21 2003, 06:34 PM)

16's ...
goobu
Another image from the Glen

IPB Image

She is not that quick (in a straight line)...hence the name "Slow White" dubbed by a few of my tail dragging, tubro driving "friends".

She is a stock 2.0 that was carb'ed for a few extra HP. Converted to carrera hubs and brakes. Combine that with some flares, wider tires, stiffened suspension and she handles like a dream.

On the straights I put my arm out the window and hope all those guys that I passed in the corners are still searching for the pedal on the right. She is slow, but she is a blast to drive.

Previous owner found her nearly "rust free" wink.gif and stopped the conversion project just short of dropping a huge engine in, money ran out or something. His lost is my gain. I have been driving her since January.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.