Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914 pic in new "Car and Driver"
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dheinz
Sorry guys, I don't have a working scanner.
Jan 06, "Car and Driver", page 88, a 914 picture in a phase I'm sure most of our cars have been in.
Can somebody please scan and post?
Ferg
Ha, I saw it too! Ravenna green I think! smilie_pokal.gif

Ferg
dheinz
This was a good reason to fix my scanner.
bondo
What muffler is that? The two pairs of tips seem closer together than anything I've seen on a 914.

Currently my 914 looks more like the T-bird. ohmy.gif
nomore9one4
QUOTE (bondo @ Dec 9 2005, 06:53 PM)
What muffler is that? The two pairs of tips seem closer together than anything I've seen on a 914.

I was going to ask the same ? about the muffler? I seen one in Hershey,but no one knew anything anout it. confused24.gif
Bigbohr
Thanks for posting the scan. Made me feel better about my project ... biggrin.gif
TimT
what do we think that 2 out of 5 are p-car restos?

inquiring minds want to know
smg914
QUOTE (bondo @ Dec 9 2005, 06:53 PM)

If my memory serves me correctly, that is a "Super Sprint" exhaust.
Bleyseng
av-943.gif
Howard
Laugh all you want. Somebody in the club will track him down, buy it, and leave it in their garage for another 20 biggrin.gif
dheinz
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 9 2005, 08:29 PM)
Laugh all you want. Somebody in the club will track him down, buy it, and leave it in their garage for another 20 biggrin.gif

[QUOTE]

You got that right biggrin.gif
Bleyseng
Yep, I have seen a couple of those "Projects" in Seattle. Word gets around that I am into Porsches, we hook up, I go visit to see their project and it looks like that pic. Gonna projects....."I have a Porsche and I am gonna restore it, someday"

One rusty pos was sold on Ebay for $500. 75 914 Copper Metallic, hasn't run in 10 years, outside, engine in 1000 pieces. One of my ski buddies..... I tried to give him a free good motor but no.....he has to fix the old one....never happened. dead horse.gif
brokenmoped
That DB5 would be worth some big bucks if the guy ever restored it. Last DB5 sold for something like $750,000 IIRC.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.