Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: a rare RHD conversion on eBay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gustl
eBay itam #7203765290
davep
A member here, but no posts. Interesting trailing arm set for sale also.
jim_hoyland
Meng, who lives in Singapore, has a right hand driver too. He recently visited California . I'll see if we can get a pic of his
r_towle
my brain hurts trying to process that pic. wacko.gif
Katmanken
Wonder how much a RH dash pad costs for that thing?

Be our luck there are 200 NOS RH ones with NO cracks available and the LH ones are NLA...
blink.gif

Ken
Allan
I like the fact that it's a '75 with original steel bumpers...
SLITS
I like the reflection of the moon on the front hood in broad daylight. unsure.gif
Downunderman
He lives a five minute walk from me. I sometimes get odd parts form him.
Gustl
hijacked.gif Howard - I'm curious about your signature

it says 71 914/6 ... but the VIN in an early '70 idea.gif
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (kwales @ Dec 10 2005, 10:03 AM)
Wonder how much a RH dash pad costs for that thing?

Be our luck there are 200 NOS RH ones with NO cracks available and the LH ones are NLA...
blink.gif

Ken

There are NO NOS dashpads for a RHD 914, because none were ever factory assembled.

The RHD conversions were all done aftermarket, and they used a RHD 911 pedal box, plus a lot of fabrication. IIRC... it took modifying the gas tank and replacing part of the RH floor pan to make it work. Then they had to make a dash frame and pad.

But it would be cool to have one...... driving.gif
Gustl
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 10 2005, 07:57 PM)
There are NO NOS dashpads for a RHD 914, because none were ever factory assembled.

agree.gif
Downunderman
It was built October 70 for the 71 model year. No RH dash pads, mine is fibreglass. The RH foot well has to be lengthened, and about 1 gallon cut off the back of the fuel tank on the RHS, amongst other things.
KaptKaos
Is the map pocket on the passenger side now?
Gustl
it seems so ...

user posted image
bd1308
thats not the map pocket. I have that exact same thing, and it's not supposed to be there in a RHD car. The map pocket has a deeper bottom "bucket" to it, and has a slot toward the front of the lid.

b
Gustl
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 11 2005, 08:56 AM)
thats not the map pocket.

of course I know how a map pocket looks like dry.gif

but if you remember that we discuss a RHD car you should see that the picture shows the drivers side
and this pic just shows that there is no map pocket on the drivers side

it's very likely that the map pocket is on the passenger side, as Joe mentioned

wavey.gif Gustl
bd1308
sorry wolfgang.

why didnt they switch them over?

b
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 11 2005, 08:21 AM)
sorry wolfgang.

b

Britt,

If you move the map pocket to the right side, what are you going to do for an arm rest on the left side? You can't switch the arm rest to work on the other side.

IronHillRestorations
I seem to remember that the RHD conversion cost nearly as much as the car itself. Wasn't it Crawfords or Crafords that did those conversions? How much fun would us LHD guys have driving and shifting one of those? laugh.gif

Ian McMullan in Limerick Ireland was building a six conversion which he was also converting to RHD too, don't know if he's ever got it on the road.

ps I'm guessing that car has the nicest left side seat in a running, driving 914!
Gustl
Crayford converted a couple of 914 for the british market

here is a british car magazine with a RHD conversion car test in it

wavey.gif Gustl
bd1308
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 11 2005, 08:41 AM)
sorry wolfgang.

b

Britt,

If you move the map pocket to the right side, what are you going to do for an arm rest on the left side? You can't switch the arm rest to work on the other side.

confused24.gif couldn't ya just drill and tap for the top bolt? it'll work if ya can make it work, right?

b
SLITS
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 11 2005, 09:03 AM)
confused24.gif couldn't ya just drill and tap for the top bolt? it'll work if ya can make it work, right?

b

The bolts are allen head fastners going into a "captured" nut placed on the door panel material..not in the metal itself. Metal is not really thick enough to hold threads
ClayPerrine
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 11 2005, 10:03 AM)
sorry wolfgang.

b

Britt,

b

It would work fine if you installed it UPSIDE DOWN!!!!

It would have to be made in a mirror image for the other side of the car.

The conversion guys don't want to go to that much trouble.

bd1308
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 11 2005, 05:40 PM)
sorry wolfgang.

b

Britt,

b

i still dont get it....but i take your word for it.
sad.gif
b
jd74914
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 11 2005, 08:21 PM)
QUOTE (ClayPerrine @ Dec 11 2005, 05:40 PM)
sorry wolfgang.

b

Britt,

b

i still dont get it....but i take your word for it.
sad.gif
b

They didn't want to put it on backwards. It'll go on without turning it upside down, but the opening on it where you lift up the flap will face the wrong way. wink.gif
orange914
QUOTE (Howard R @ Dec 10 2005, 10:01 AM)
He lives a five minute walk from me. I sometimes get odd parts form him.

is there any RHD 60's mustangs (i believe they are called t-5's) out there? unsure.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.