Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Window alignment?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
marks914
Does anyone know how to align the sideglass?
I am installing Brad's clamshell kit right now and want to make sure everything is hunky-dory brfore I start welding.
I have the car jacked up and supported, the door gaps have always been Ok and the doors close fine. The windows are lower at the rear than at the front, creating a gap at the roof; as well as being a little tight at the weatherstrip on the targa bar. The car is also square, double checked it last night. The "vent window fits fine, just the actual sideglass needs adjusting, more on the pass. side.

Also, is there a way to adjust the roof? It appears that the roof pulls down tighter on the targa bar on the driver side. (I would like to do this on the pass. side)

I will post pics of the clamshell installation as I go, just getting started, I plan to have it done by new year.

Also up this winter: $275 Renegade style dual-pass radiator install.

Mark
r_towle
take off the door panel...

If I hear you right...you need to raise the rear of the glass and lower the roof...

The glass can be raised a bit by moving the bolts that fasten the system to the door panel...

The roof can be lowered a bit by adjusting the hook on the rear targa bar...

neither one will be dramatic, but both will do a little bit...

There is also an adjustment on the glass and door that will bring the top of the glass inwards towards the roof...

That is under the front of the door..plus you car loosen the door hinge and move the top of the door inwards towards the car.

Good luck.

Rich
Bleyseng
Yep, pop the door panels off and use lots of PB Blaster to lube up the rusty bolts that are there to adjust the window glass. They move a small amount but at the glass edge it moves alot.

Now you see why you don't close the doors with the glass as it knocks the alignment out.
rick 918-S
My passanger door glass is the same. Low and tipped back tight to the point that it just about hits the vertical trim on the targa bar. Mine is this way because I'm missing the plastic slide piece on the rear of glass. It's just flopping in the channel. I need to find one.... screwy.gif

Looking forward to seeing your clam shell install cool_shades.gif we'll be watching.
brp914
whutsa clamshell? confused24.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.