Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 911 rear parking brake cables?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Gary
For you guys using 911 rear brakes with the parking brake drum (Velios or other), what did you end up using for parking brake cables? 914 don't work and neither do 911. Some sort of hybrid? Something off the shelf?

Thanks.
JWest
The writeups I have read said they taped the 911 and 914 together (for correct length) and had a truck place make new cables.
Gary
Thanks James,

Any source for those writeups?
boxstr
Mine is a 4x4, properly placed under the rear tire.
CCLINPARKBRAKEHELL
Gary
Is that a 911 or 914 4X4? A part number would be handy to track one down NOS. I don't they're many available used in good condition. lol3.gif lol3.gif lol3.gif
914Timo
I have 911 rear calipers and hand brakes. I did like James already told. I measured the correct lengths, cut all the cables and covers and took them all to the cable shop, where they pressed new endings.

I used original 914 left side cable covers on both sides. In right side I needed to shorthen it and in the left side I had to exted it. My friend did new endings for the cable covers from billet aluminium.

The rihgt side cable (I mean the wire inside the cable cover) is old left side cable and the left side cable is totally new cable with both new endings. The right side cable have only one new ending.

I dont have any pics with me right now here at work, but I can post them next monday. I will be out of the town next weekend. If you need any more information, dont hesitate to ask.
JWest
Here you go:

Wilco brake thread

Look for the posts by wilco.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.