Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Steering Wheel Hub
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
At the moment i'm putting together an affordable aftermarket steering wheel set. So far ive purchased the wheel and horn button, but im too sure about the quick release hub. I remember tinkering w/ the stock steering wheel, but i dont recall seeing an area for hub to be bolted onto. But i could be wrong confused24.gif Would anyone happen to have a picture of the steering column w/ the wheel off? (i'd go check my car but it's at the shop) O and has any used any of the following hubs?
Ebay 1 Ebay 2Ebay 3Ebay 4 (Momo)

Thanks in advance!
Allan
Got anything for the later cars?
dlo914
o what i meant was i'm just doing it for myself, but here's what i purchased so far off ebay: the wheel was only $20+ and the button was $20 and the hub should be around $30-$40. so for $70-80 is not a bad price.
dlo914
and the momo button:
Jeroen
the QR's you posted are not gonna work with your steeringwheel/hub
the QR's are all 6 bolt
your wheel/hub is 5 bolt
dlo914
QUOTE (Jeroen @ Dec 10 2005, 04:35 PM)
the QR's you posted are not gonna work with your steeringwheel/hub
the QR's are all 6 bolt
your wheel/hub is 5 bolt

PHEW! wacko.gif good thing i didnt order the QR yet. Jeroen would you happen to know where i could get a 5 bolt QR hub?
dlo914
couldn't i just redrill the 5 bolt pattern onto the hub and use some new hardware to attach the wheel to the hub? idea.gif
Jeroen
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Dec 11 2005, 09:46 AM)
couldn't i just redrill the 5 bolt pattern onto the hub and use some new hardware to attach the wheel to the hub? idea.gif

These hubs already have two 6 bolt patterns (70mm x 6 and 75mm x 6) so chances of adding another 5 threaded bores would be pretty slim...
xitspd
ohmy.gif 小心! MOMO 有很多工程学经验在他们之后。
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.