Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Decision time: Dellortos, Webers, Empis
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Carlitos Way
Still toying with the idea of carbs. I've heard both good and bad about every brand... but it would be great to hear some of your experiences with carbed teeners. What is/would be your choice and why?
skline
I am a huge Dellorto fan, had them on several of my cars and would choose them over any other, any day. It's a far superior carb. However, the parts for them and the carbs themselves are getting hard to find which makes them less desireable. I guess I would go with what is readily available that you can still get parts for. It really makes the choice easy. Empi is just Webers reboxed.
Aaron Cox
webers are fine, delorto's flow better, and have better idle circuitry....

6 of one, half dozen of the other......

if you put these on that FI motor from slits....ill hurt you.
ChicagoChris
Don't get to hung up on the fi carb debate. If you take the time and make the effort to learn how to properly tune a carb it can be as good or better then the FI on the 14. People run into problems with oversized carbs and sloppy tuning.

And I respecfully disagree with the boys about Webers. I have Webers on my 2.0 and I had Delortos on a race 14. I will take the Webers any day.

As for the topic headline....Do you need/want Empis? I am converting to 5-bolt and will be selling my Empis.

Chris
lapuwali
Empis are no longer just "Webers reboxed". Since Weber production ceased, Empi had clones made in China. The HMPX is effectively an IDF, but it's not made by Weber.

My choice would be aftermarket EFI, not carbs at all. However, if you're completely allergic to electronics, then a pair of used Weber IDFs are the best thing.
sean_v8_914
the chineese webbers look good. I think they incorporated teh shaft bearings like a dell, not sure. I do know that they use all teh IDF parts, jets. I have not rcvd feedback on HMPX performance. buy some and tell us how you like them wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.