Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Craig, or anybody!
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Which Fuchs do I have?? I was told by the seller that they were the big $ 15's, but don't think they are the deep offset one's. What is an 911r and how would one tell. I pulled them once with and remember a J by the size and then some other writing that looked like it was done with a engraver... I'll pull them again as soon as I get a soft socket.
Sorry this is the best pic I have of my wheels
smile.gif
http://www.theidiotsvillage.com/misc/car_p.../pict_pg_2.html
Lawrence
Those are fake Fuchs. Very dangerous for the street. Weak POSs.

Send them to me, postage paid, and I'll protect you from them. mueba.gif
Ferg
Tell you what, you buy a set of those teddy bear rims, or the sunflower one's I see on the new beetles and we'll trade even up. wink.gif mueba.gif
Anyone know how to install a bud vase on my dash?
Lawrence
A vase for Budwieser?

Don't you want a mug, instead?
Ferg
rolleyes.gif Flower bud vase
Have them increase your O2 supply on your next dive cool.gif
brant
ferg,

you need to pull them again and get the part #.
Very unlikely they are R wheels...

I don't clearly remember from seeing your car, but I think they are late style 6inchers (with a very nice finish)

crap... I was just looking for my wheel notes with the part numbers for an early versus late...
can't find my notes....

brant
Lawrence
Ahhhh... NitrOx!!! w00t.gif

Dive deeper, longer, further. cool.gif

-Rusty smoke.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 21 2003, 08:13 AM)
I'll pull them again as soon as I get a soft socket.

let us know when you find your soft socket. mine finally powdered its fiberglass insert after only 30 yrs of use - what's up with that !? i've been perusing back issues of Panorama (i know is used to be advertised in there...) but haven't found it yet ... 1/2" drive is important , impact-rated would be nice...

(for removal...)
Dave_Darling
Most of the mail-order outfits sell 'em. Including places with shiny glossy print catalogs, and other places with on-line catalogs.

--DD
J P Stein
They look like "deep" 6 inchers to me....the later wheels had a flatter face.
Ferg
DD has it right with the soft socket, ordered through PP.

DD and PP Hee Hee rolleyes.gif mueba.gif
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(Dave_Darling @ Aug 21 2003, 10:13 AM)
Most of the mail-order outfits sell 'em.  Including places with shiny glossy print catalogs, and other places with on-line catalogs.

yes they do. that birdy place sure makes you search for 'em tho ! lessee -- are they under tools - anywhere -- nope ... did finally find it in the 'Socks' section. no mention of whether it's 1/2" or 3/8" drive. says it's Nylon-filled.

over at another PP place - Hmm -- looks to be the identical picture, costs more, claims it's Teflon-impregnated aluminum filled. no mention of the drive size.

i'll keep looking for a little while - it'll get tacked onto my next parts order - won't be too long i'm afraid. too soon yet to know where it'll get placed - i do tend to spread the business around based on many factors, but -nobody- should be complaining lately :-) ...
brant
Mike F,

I found my notes...
here are some of the numbers .. for 6inch rims at least. (the R rims are 7's and I believe the magical part about them is that their offset is the same as a 14inch fuchs)

for 6inchers:
Deep # is 901.361.012.06
Flat # is 911.361.020.00 or 911.361.020.10

pull them, clean them (I know you hate to clean things right?) with some PS-21 and a garden hose and see what you've got.

brant
boxstr
Brant is correct with the numbers he has. The offset for both of those Fuchs are the same 36mm.
The Fuchs 911R number is 901.361.012.05 49mm offset.
If you have the 901.361.012.06 deep dish wheel I would hang on to those. Some of the factory 914-6s came with those wheels, and I think they are becoming harder to find.
Just my $.02
CCLINFUCHSVILLE
brant
craig,

out of curiosity.. what is the offsett from a 14X5.5 fuchs (I don't know where to look) ?

I was recollecting that it was close to the same as a 911R wheel.

thanks
brant
fiid
I am wondering about wheels a lot.

If I get a 5 lug conversion, can I use pretty much any set of 911 wheels? WHat can I get under the stock fenders???

Could I do 17x7s on the back and 17x6s on the front with fairly low profiles?? 18s?? Too expensive?? I want to get some slick OZ or BBS wheels on there.

Fiid.
boxstr
Bran the 14" wheel has a 46mm offset, very close to the R wheel.
FIID you can use the 7x16 911 offset,on the front and back with a little lip roll and a 205x45x16 tire.
I have included apic of the deep six on my six.
CCLINFUCHSVILLE
Bleyseng
What color is that car, Craig?

Geoff
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.