Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: San Diego to/from Phoenix
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
john rogers
Anyone from San Diego going to Phoenix or from Phoenix coming to San Diego driving? I have about 5 boxes of FI parts that need to go there?
Flat VW
Darn, I gonna be real disappointed if I have to drive over to pick this stuff up, John. driving.gif screwy.gif

John
john rogers
Don't worry. there'll be someone going one way or the other. My racing buddy has some kids in Phoenix and they should be here for Christmas so I'll talk them into being the delivery boy. The parts still are pretty strong smelling of oil and gas so when I checked at the UPS store they said no and I did mention it in the ad.
Flat VW
I was being sarcastic, John, (sorry, it does not always translate too well in this medium). headbang.gif

I would really like nothing better than to drive over to get it! driving.gif

Laurie and I, would, perhaps, head over some time after this Friday, once my boys are done with school for the year.

Of course, I have no plan as of yet, but we are overdue for a long drive together. smlove2.gif

John wavey.gif
john rogers
No problem, as a matter of fact this would be a great time to come over as we are taking Ted's 356 race car to Tijuana to get many many body parts replaced after he rolled it at the Palm Springs race. You are welcome to come along to check out Los Ponchos and the shopping there.
Flat VW
QUOTE (john rogers @ Dec 11 2005, 05:10 PM)
No problem, as a matter of fact this would be a great time to come over as we are taking Ted's 356 race car to Tijuana to get many many body parts replaced after he rolled it at the Palm Springs race.  You are welcome to come along to check out Los Ponchos and the shopping there.

That sounds cool,

regards,

John
bryanc
How soon do you need them? I often travel between the two, but I usually don't know until about a week ahead of time.

bd1308
even john gets good deals on stuff.....

:sadwhiteegg:

b
Flat VW
QUOTE (bryanc @ Dec 11 2005, 05:18 PM)
How soon do you need them?  I often travel between the two, but I usually don't know until about a week ahead of time.

Before C-mas would be good, if possible, for Teddy's car the '75 (red). wink.gif

If you find yourself going Bryan, let me know, and THANKS!

John wavey.gif
Flat VW
I've got it, John.

Someone that is gonna be at your house, and then, my house, before C-mas..........

SANTA!

wreath.gif

John

P.S. Does he do CA. first? confused24.gif

Flat VW
ba ba icon_bump.gif
bryanc
Looks like I'll be going there sometime around the 20th of December. I'll probably be flying though. How big are the boxes?
Flat VW
The word is they will fit in a "teener's trunks" but reek of gas and oil after a grenading of the previous engine.

John
john rogers
I wouldn't take them on a plane or even try to as it would seriously freak out those people that are now keeping us safe!!!!
Gint
Kripes, I coulda loaded those boxes into my trunk and dropped them off on my way home form the swap meet. driving.gif
Flat VW
Except I had not paid John for them yet.....

No big deal, I was thinking of going to the LA/So Cal thing on Saturday then home via SD, but I have to work out my work first.

If John can stand to store the stuff for a bit, no emergency here.

I icon_bump.gif ed the thread cause I figured it was lost, heading for the fourth page....
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Flat VW @ Dec 13 2005, 07:27 PM)
Except I had not paid John for them yet.....

No big deal, I was thinking of going to the LA/So Cal thing on Saturday then home via SD, but I have to work out my work first.

If John can stand to store the stuff for a bit, no emergency here.

I icon_bump.gif ed the thread cause I figured it was lost, heading for the fourth page....

come by! stop in at Joe Sharps for our socal party!

AA
Flat VW
Thinking about it, neblous work schedule at the moment, a "hurry up and wait" thing......

It should play out in the next day or two.

John

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.