Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what's the status of rebuilt CVs
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
taking off when cold, i'm starting to have some shuddering....and then tonight i heard the pop pop pop of what I percieve to be my CVs going out.....

if they are popping, are they too gone to be saved?

Can i repack them and see if that will fix things for a while (till summer)?

Where can I get quality rebuilt axles? my FLAPS can get them rebuilt for 99/ea. should i try this?

help?

b
Andyrew
Your not running a billion hp through your cv's right?

I'd have em rebuilt and see if it fixes it..
bd1308
QUOTE (Andyrew @ Dec 10 2005, 09:45 PM)
Your not running a billion hp through your cv's right?

I'd have em rebuilt and see if it fixes it..

i'm probably running 70ish HP through the CVs....

problem is finding a place to rebuild them.....I was wondering what people think about FLAPS rebuilt CVs....

b
r_towle
They come with a warrantee...

It is a good choice for stock, mainly because new is NLA...so you have no other choice...

There are good and bad rebuilders out there...

Figure maybe five years...that is my experience with all my cars using rebuilt cv's.

Rich
Andyrew
Try it and find out?

THe grease might be binding as well... like you said.. Repacking them COULD fix/help. but if the ring has a small crack, them suckers are gone...

Andrew

Had one where it just cracked the ring and a ball fell out, then all the balls fell out.. (ouch)

Another just shattered the ring in 15 pieces (mighty proud of that one... lol, happened at autox in the video in my sig.. CV breaks at the end of the video... ironically, as I was pulling from getting my time slip, SLOWLY letting out the clutch.. lol)

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.