Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Is "Fritz" ready to play
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
DanT
Bill,
Is Fritz ready to go play? Is Doris going to be able to make it or does she need to make some $$$ to support your addiction? laugh.gif laugh.gif

I will be there to instruct...but without the 914. In the Boxster for one last track outing before it is relegated to street only duty.(at least for now wink.gif ) Went to the body shop today. What is currently done looks great, but.......he is not very far along. All of the repair and body work is complete. All holes have been welded up and smoothed. Still needs some final massaging and primer/block sand.
Then it will be finally ready to paint. I am hoping for around Christmas but it may not be ready until after the beginning or the year. sad.gif Oh well.
It is going to look very nice. everything from the rockers up will be Phoenix Red.

I am now going to have to hustle to get it ready for our first event in late Feb. at Sears.

Anyway, looking forward to seeing you and Fritz next Thursday. Weather forecast is looking very promising.

Dan cool_shades.gif
DanT
Bill,
I just got my instructor schedule from Hank.
You are running in the Advanced grouping so if you want I can ride with you.
I have students in the Novice and Intermediate groups all day.
914, 944, and 2 993s.
Should make for an interesting day, to say the least.
dry.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif driving.gif

See you Thursday.
nine14cats
Hi Dan,

I just got off the roof finishing putting up the lights on the house. Just saw this message.

Hey...great! We can ride together, and it would be great to sit in the passenger seat while you take a few laps in "Fritz". Doris will not be able to make it due to work, but will be at Thunderhill on Sunday, Dec 18th and will both be driving. Will you be at T-Hill? I know Trekkor will....maybe I'll make one of his videos as he blasts by me!

I'll be picking "Fritz" up tomorrow from JWE after the safety check and a few "add ons"... happy11.gif

So everything should be a go. If you've got time in between your beginner and intermediate group, I'd be happy if you could give me a help.

So Hank didn't take any pity on me for transitioning to a 911 from the 914....advanced group eh? driving.gif

Bill P.
DanT
See you Thursday.
I will check my schedule on Thurs. morning since there are always last minute changes, but it looks like I should be free during your run sessions.
So we can take Fritz out in the instructor group for me to take a few laps and then I can ride with you in your group.
Can't wait, your car looks awsome biggrin.gif clap.gif boldblue.gif
Trekkor
Have a safe shake-down, Bill.

See you at Thill...

KT
nine14cats
Thanks Trekkor,

Nice and slow at Laguna as we get a feel. We'll pick it up a little at T-Hill.

Are you getting into Willows Saturday night. Doris and I are....although rain is forecast for Sunday... wink.gif

Bill P.
Trekkor
Early Sunday morning.

leaving Napa around 4:30-5 ohmy.gif

Don't even say rain.

Do you have r@!n tires? rolleyes.gif

KT
nine14cats
No rain tires for me...slicks only...if it rains...."Fritz" stays in the trailer.... sad.gif

At events when it's raining, it's amazing how many cars I have seen take to 4 wheel drive mode...I get worried by some of them. And I don't have fun. Besides...I'd have to go buy street tires this week if I wanted them...

Man...that's awfully early to get up!

Bill P.
Trekkor
I'll be watching the weather...

Do you know if the "Cyclone" will be used or the bypass?

KT
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.