Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: clutch or CV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
bd1308
rarely happens when engine is warm, when cold the car shudders a bit when you let off the clutch. Is it a CV or a clutch plate and/or pressure plate and/or flywheel?

b
Andyrew
Is it a new clutch?

I know my clutch (stage 4 clutch package from KEP) shutters as well. but thats just because its a really grippy clutch...
bd1308
no it was replaced like 20K miles ago.

I thought clutches lasted a long time.

b
grasshopper
sounds like your clutch to me.... but then again... i'm 15 rolleyes.gif
Andyrew
I'd say take it apart, and look at it. (post some pics too)

10 seconds there and you'll know your answer..

Cant take more than a day to R&R... 2 hours if you know what your doin.
bd1308
it's probably oil soaked.....

this sucks, there was plenty of material on there this summer....

and the other disc was covered with rust goo stuff.

its too cold to do it this week, i'm going home next week for winter break and i'll look at it then.

b
bd1308
would CVs cause this when they fail? I thought i saw something about the shuddering when they fail....

they havent been repacked in like 20 years probably....

b
mightyohm
Nope. One of my CV's was clunking but it never made anything like a shudder.

It's the clutch. Either it was installed incorrectly, is worn out, or got oil soaked. That is pretty much it.
bd1308
excellent. well looks like it'll be like that for a while. i need like a what, clutch plate, throw-out bearing, pressure plate and resurfaced flywheel? $300 dollars or so? sad.gif

b
Rouser
QUOTE (bd1308 @ Dec 12 2005, 04:28 AM)
i need like a what, clutch plate, throw-out bearing, pressure plate and resurfaced flywheel? $300 dollars or so?

Give or take, from what PP says.

But you're going to need some other hardware: new flywheel bolts, crush washer, O-ring, & pilot bushing/bearing, TO guide clips & arm bushing, and a clutch alignment tool. I mean, unless you enjoy going back in there often by not covering all the usual bases.

user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
user posted image
bd1308
thanks Rouser.....

smile.gif

b
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.