Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ha! I'm watching Top Gear right now
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Grngoat
I don't post very often, but I lurk daily, so I just had to brag a little.

I've been here in Naples for the last two and a half weeks or so, and have done some interesting car stuff, like driving to Rome and in Naples, but getting to watch Top Gear Sunday nights might be the best part. There's only one segment, if you will, this week. The three boys are driving a Ford GT, a Ferrari F430 convertible, and a Pagani Zonda across France. Quite scary seeing them driving around a roundabout in Paris. Hope you all enjoy it whenever it finally airs in the states.
thesey914
Nah that was LAST weeks... this weeks episode Jeremy drives the Bugatti Veyron from Alba, Italy (I went skiing there last year) to London and races Hamond + capain slow in their Cessna 182.....Priceless

this week
seanery
finger.gif to both of you! wink.gif
Grngoat
Hmm, maybe they delay them a week in Italy. Cause I was watching it here in the hotel as I typed. Unfortunately, I go home this week and won't get to see any of them until Discovery starts showing them again, in whatever form they do when it starts back up. You guys in the UK are lucky about it. I picked up a Top Gear magazine in Gatwick on the way here. That was an entertaining read.
Grngoat
So besides that I'm staying at a place called the Hotel Ferrari just outside of Naples. The owner actually has a red Testarossa that sits in a special parking spot in the hotel garage with a gate, carpet, and everything. Plus he has a Cayenne S and a Mercedes convertible. I think the hotel business must be pretty good!

There was also a Ferrari 612 Scaglietti in the garge the other morning. It was very dirty, but I got a few pictures of the thing. I've got to say, it looked kind of plain for a $250,000 car, but I've never been crazy over Ferrari's.

So, what's the trick for attaching a jpeg to this post? It won't seem to let me.
seanery
don't preview your post with a pic attached and keep the file size below 300kb. Look at the FAQ link at the top of each page for more details on posting pics. biggrin.gif
Grngoat
Thanks Seanery. I had cut the image down to 1024x768, but the jpg compression was way up, it was still 305k. Now it's 86k.

Dirty Ferrari. Weird thing about it was that it thermocouples all over it inside and out and equipment to record the readings. Maybe it was a test mule. Dunno. I can't really imagine driving a car like that around here anyways. The drivers in Naples are notorious, even in the rest of Italy, for being so bad. It's funny to take an American downtown for the first time to see their shock. Stoplights, stop signs, lanes, speed limits, right-of-way, are all irrellevant.

LowGT
QUOTE (Grngoat @ Dec 11 2005, 03:13 PM)
Stoplights, stop signs, lanes, speed limits, right-of-way, are all irrellevant.

Sounds like Texas. idea.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.