Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: McQueen Exhibit
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dave Bell
I went to a private dinner function at the Peterson Car Museum in LA last night... coat and tie stuff with a friend who's company donated $$$ to some legal fund.... of course I had to bring the camera... they had several exhibits on the floor I was on... a Hot Wheels car exhibit... all the real Hot Wheels... the small stuff and real cars people had built up to look like the minatures.... an exhibit on cars used by heads of state from all over the world and then a Steve McQueen Exhibit.... picked up a few photos of some of McQueen's Porsches... best area was of the 908 used for filming in Le Mans and they had the movie Le Mans playing on the wall at the back of that location... I could have skipped the dinner and just hung out there to watch the flick with the car right next to me... but had to go sit down... oh well... got some shots..

enjoy.

- Dave

Dave Bell
asdf
Dave Bell
asdf
Dave Bell
asdf
Dave Bell
DAS
Dave Bell
Asd
Dave Bell
asdf
olav

Cool! Thanks for sharing that. Any more?

smilie_pokal.gif
Dr. Roger
speedster..... pray.gif drooley.gif
Dave Bell
One of the cars in the Hot wheels exhibit... dual engines... each with a blower.... fit the bill.... definately "hot"

Jeroen
cool pics!

This one would look real cool in the garage (full wall size)
GWN7
Just saw a program where they featured the speedster. They had Chad with it at Willow Springs. I think he said it has 58,000 miles on it now.

Great pics Dave... beerchug.gif
Gustl
here in Austria there is another cool car that would fit perfectly to the Steve McQueen collection

with this Porsche 908 Steve McQueen raced at least the events written on the poster

Gustl
smile.gif
dlo914
was the Deora II there?

idea.gif hmm just realized it was a mid-engined vehicle w/ a modern day Caddy V8 out of the Caddy DTS.
Dave Bell
A few more

Buch of movie cars were there... the Luv Bugs, etc... old an new Bat mobile and Bat Cycle... too much stuff to bother capturing.

Dave Bell
aSDF
Dave Bell
ASD
maf914
QUOTE (Gustl @ Dec 11 2005, 09:41 PM)
with this Porsche 908 Steve McQueen raced at least the events written on the poster

Steve McQueen's codriver for that Sebring race was Peter Revson who also raced F-1 and Can-Am cars. Not too shabby. McQueen had a broken bone in his foot and drove with a soft cast. They finished second after Mario Andretti ran them down with a Ferrari 512S (I think). There were some catty comments after the race about McQueen getting the glory while Revson had done most of the drivng. laugh.gif
maf914
QUOTE (Dave Bell @ Dec 11 2005, 02:07 PM)
picked up a few photos of some of McQueen's Porsches... best area was of the 908 used for filming in Le Mans

I have a 1/43 scale resin model of the 908 film car made a few years ago by Provence Moulage. It has the mofified front hood panel that housed the film camera and the external rear mounted camera. The car in the photos has been converted back to its original form.

Thanks for posting the photos, Dave.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.