Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: william harris restoration
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
guywan914
has anyone heard from william harris lately? I was folling his progress for a while but haven't seen any posts in a couple of months.
william harris
Well, I'm stillat it. Took a couple of months off (not cause I wanted to) when my wife thought she wanted to get a divorce (after 28 years of marriage, and 5 kids)(one of those change of life things - if you know what I mean) and took me a couple of months to work thru all that. Just purchased a shop heater so I can get back to finishing the car this winter. Now, Chris, how about that motor? biggrin.gif
guywan914
Glad to hear your still at it. The 914 can take the back seat for a while to get things right on the homefront. Will lok forward to your progress. Chris where is williams motor? wink.gif
william harris
Tell me about it! Personally, I think some women go crazy during the "change" and you just have to hold on until they come back to earth. wacko.gif
r_towle
William, great to hear you are back on the board again.

I hope you worked things out with your wife...divorce sucks.

I hope to see your baby in the spring this year...I think we should get together in early april for a 914 gathering...

You need to drive that car in April...if you need any help...I am just a phone call away and gald to help...

Abels car (my son) is running...muffler installed today...new ignition switch (thanx Greg) and she started right up...alot quieter with a muffler...

Make it to German car day, the NCR concours and the NER consours with that beauty...you will win hands down..

Rich

djm914-6
William,
Any change of a couple local yocals checking out your car someday?
ChrisFoley
QUOTE (william harris @ Dec 11 2005, 06:26 PM)
Now, Chris, how about that motor? biggrin.gif

Hi William wavey.gif ,
I thought you had fallen off the planet or something. laugh.gif
Last time we spoke you were going to get a few pieces needed to finish the external assemblies on the engine.
I put the engine in a bag and have it stored comfortably under a workbench.
The only item I specifically remember needing is the black rubber boot that supplies cooling air to the alternator but I know there were a few other items as well.
mskala
Good to hear you're still at it.

Glad that you'll be having a 'new' 914. Some of us have rust older
than your marriage biggrin.gif
john rogers
You haven't experienced it yet, wait until your kids go through the change of life!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.