Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: what size rivets for rocker panels?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Aaron Cox
???
adammtb
I just drilled mine out and can confirm that they are smaller than a mosquito hard-on. Still looking for the replacements. Will let you know if I find something that works.

Scooter
Kerrys914
wacko.gif Just a side note Q..

I though screws were the method most used? I use screws so I can remove the rockers twice a year to clean crap out from behind them. wacko.gif
Howard
Aaron, do you really want them permanently attached? Mud and crud collects under there and I remove mine at least once a year for cleaning.
Howard
Hi Kerry, is there an echo in here? rolleyes.gif You type faster.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Howard @ Dec 12 2005, 09:56 AM)
Aaron, do you really want them permanently attached? Mud and crud collects under there and I remove mine at least once a year for cleaning.

the bottom is held on by screws.... so it can pivot out to be cleaned.

i guess i could consider screws....
ok....what size screws? wacko.gif
Howard
Little black ones, Aaron rolleyes.gif
DBCooper
poke.gif agree.gif
bd1308
popcorn[1].gif
horizontally-opposed
I like little stainless round-head Phillips sheet-metal screws best.

But there is that nagging fear of whether rust begins in the holes and whether that is why Porsche used plastic rivets. Weren't they white? I drilled em out in 1991 and can't remember them no more... unsure.gif
wilchek
look at my post under wilchek 7th one down. use rivets it is easy to take them out and looks correct.

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?act=...25978&hl=rivets
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.