Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hankook Ventus RS-2 z212s
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
dlo914
does anyone have a hook up on these tires? they're reviewed to be similar or better compared to the Falken rt-512 Azenis, but for a lower price around $64/tire. Unfortunately, ive got a lower budget than $240 for a set of tires. i plan to only spend around 220 for a set dry.gif
Brando
Daniel, look into the 'Fuzion' brand of tires. They're comparable to the Azenis and are cheaper.
Joe Ricard
Guess a set of new Hoosiers for Autocrossing is out of the question huh?
don9146
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Dec 13 2005, 04:39 AM)
does anyone have a hook up on these tires? they're reviewed to be similar or better compared to the Falken rt-512 Azenis, but for a lower price around $64/tire. Unfortunately, ive got a lower budget than $240 for a set of tires. i plan to only spend around 220 for a set dry.gif

Car and Driver did a tire comparison test recently. THe Hankooks are at http://www.caranddriver.com/article.asp?se...2&page_number=9 and the entire article is a good read.

Later,
Don
d914
ebay
wilchek
Just bought hankook tires for my daily driver. Great tire for the $$$, I think they are partly owned by Michelin and are made in Korea.
TonyAKAVW
I have the Ventus RS-z212'a on my 1.7 914 and they are really great tires. I'ev had them on for a few months now and I like them a lot. Very good tires for Mulholland runs, and apparently for autocross too.

I bought them from dicounttiredirect.com and last I checked they still had free shipping. When I ordered them, they listed them as not being in stock, so I figured I'd just wait. When I ended up talking to a representative on the phone he managed to find a set. It was kind of strange how they "didn't have any and didn't know when they were getting them" and then a moment later "okay they will be on the way tomorrow." Either way I got them and got them pretty cheap. Right now they 195/50/15 that I have on my car looks to be going for $71 a tire... I think I payed a little less than that...

-Tony
dlo914
QUOTE (Brando @ Dec 13 2005, 02:26 AM)
Daniel, look into the 'Fuzion' brand of tires. They're comparable to the Azenis and are cheaper.

which Fuzion model?
dlo914
Fuzion Zr-i's?
dlo914
wow only $53 a tire for 195/50/15s on the Zr-i's @ TireRack.com
Eric_Shea
Ferg will be happy to know that there's Hankook's on the drag'n wagon now.

Love them...

Your local Discount Tire can order them in for you.
Dave_Darling
Grassroots Motorsports did a comparo a few months ago, and I believe these tires were one of the types tested. The verdict seemed to be "nice try, but still no match for the Azenis".

For dry-weather grip, the new Azenis 615 compound is it AFAIK. The Azenis 215 and BFG Comp TA kd are next. The Azenis tires give up most other "features" (long life, comfortable ride, low noise, any grip at all on snow, etc.) for dry grip. They're OK in the wet but not outstanding.

The Hankooks are OK, and they're pretty inexpensive. But they don't grip like the Falkens do.

--DD
dlo914
any personal reviews on the Fuzion Zr-I's?
Allan
I don't know what kind of tires these are but if you're looking for something sticky, well.

Brando
QUOTE (dlo914 @ Dec 13 2005, 02:12 PM)
any personal reviews on the Fuzion Zr-I's?

On my dad's 964.

They last a hell of a lot longer than the Yoko AVS's, compared to Azenis they grip just as good (IMHO) on asphalt or cement. Definitely worth the money (that's why I mentioned them).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.