Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Front End Refresh ....
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
vesnyder
The project began as a master cylinder replacement, then while I had the gas tank out I thought I would put a sway bar in, then while I was doing the sway bar I should do the A-arm bushings, then I should alss install turbo tie rods, then new ball joints, new rotors, new struts - did I miss anything? The only thing I can think of is the wheel bearings? Will I notice a dramatic difference, or after not driving the car for 10 weeks, will it seem to be the same? welder.gif
Joe Ricard
I wouldn't worry about bearings if they were good to begin with. Keep them adjusted correctly and they will last you a long time.
I would have added Koni sports but $$$$$ wink.gif
and Balance the tires.
Dave_Darling
If you're replacing the front rotors on the stock four-lug front brakes, you need new bearings. The front rotors and front hubs are the same part--so you are more or less taking the bearings apart when you pull the front rotors off. You can pound out the bearings and races from the old hubs, and pound them into the new ones... But why not use new bearings when you're pretty much doing 80% of the work involved in replacing them anyway?

--DD
tat2dphreak
QUOTE (Dave_Darling @ Dec 13 2005, 02:32 PM)
If you're replacing the front rotors on the stock four-lug front brakes, you need new bearings. The front rotors and front hubs are the same part--so you are more or less taking the bearings apart when you pull the front rotors off. You can pound out the bearings and races from the old hubs, and pound them into the new ones... But why not use new bearings when you're pretty much doing 80% of the work involved in replacing them anyway?

--DD

agree.gif

front bearings are cheap, no reason NOT to replace them...

other than that, sounds like you hit all the bases... nothing left really... confused24.gif

only thing you mentioned that's not on my list is the A-arm bushings...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.