Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Interesting Article in Collectible Classics
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
KaptKaos
So I was reading Collectible Classics, a British mag, and they had a really neat 2 page article on the Alfa Gulia (GTV). The article was a laundry list of service items and intervals for the Gulia. It was broken down by intervals sort of like this:

Stuff to do:

Daily
Weekly
Monthly
Quaterly
Annually
2 Years
3 Years

Alot of the items were Alfa and Gulia specific, but some were just good common sense.

Anyway, if anyone wants to volunteer items for a maintenance and I will put the list together and share it.

If this has been done before, please send me a copy. =)

Thanks,
Joe
rcarpen22
Oh I have a good one for my car!

Daily: Add oil.
KaptKaos
QUOTE (rcarpen22 @ Dec 13 2005, 10:11 AM)
Oh I have a good one for my car!

Daily: Add oil.

Hmmm.....

Ok, maybe I should be more specific. blink.gif
messix
daily- drive it.

weekly- put gas in it and check oil.

monthly-wash it and check tires.

quaterly-change oil and check valve lash.

repete.
KaptKaos
QUOTE (messix @ Dec 13 2005, 01:12 PM)
daily- drive it.

weekly- put gas in it and check oil.

monthly-wash it and check tires.

quaterly-change oil and check valve lash.

repete.

Hmmm.... I think I need to scan the article and post it. Back in a few with that.....
nomore9one4
Daily...Rock it to make sure it is safely on jack stands lol2.gif
msglaigaie
I used to take care of a rocket launcher and a bunch of rockets for the Navy. They had a program similar to what you are discussing. There was a file of cards that my junior seaman would head for first thing in the morning. I would have a chart posting the work schedule for the day. They would grab the days cards and start with the "dailies" things that had to be done every day. The card listed what, where, and how. It had a list of tools, lubes and any special equipment needed. My troops completed the task, checked it off on the 'Work Schedule Chart" and then go for the weeklies followed by any monthly, quarterly, or annuals. I kept up the chart from the master book which was updated by the guys in the "puzzle palace" and life was sweet. Is this what you had in mind?? MSG L
spare time toys
My list has one item blow the dust off it every so often sad.gif
KaptKaos
QUOTE (msglaigaie @ Dec 14 2005, 02:59 PM)
I used to take care of a rocket launcher and a bunch of rockets for the Navy. They had a program similar to what you are discussing. There was a file of cards that my junior seaman would head for first thing in the morning. I would have a chart posting the work schedule for the day. They would grab the days cards and start with the "dailies" things that had to be done every day. The card listed what, where, and how. It had a list of tools, lubes and any special equipment needed. My troops completed the task, checked it off on the 'Work Schedule Chart" and then go for the weeklies followed by any monthly, quarterly, or annuals. I kept up the chart from the master book which was updated by the guys in the "puzzle palace" and life was sweet. Is this what you had in mind?? MSG L

Exactly.

I had to leave the office the other day, didn't get to scan it. I will be able to do it tomorrow (I hope).

r_towle
Daily,
Check tire pressure.
Check brakes...
Check oil level, add if needed.

Weekly
Check lug nuts

Monthly
Check CV joint bolts.
Check tranny fluid
check brake fluid
Jack up front end.
Check bearings
Check tie rods
Check ball joints.
Check rear wheel venting clearance

Bi annually
Rocker cover removal
Clean and inspect longitudinal
Clean drain plugs on bottom of longitudinal
Remove Carpets, Clean floor boards.Inspect for rust
Wash under all parts of body and under fenders etc.

Annually
Grease and clean floor jack and jack stands.

Rich
IronHillRestorations
check jackstands?
msglaigaie
You missed a Daily Card
Daily- Topical application of alcohol to gastroinestinal sytem of inspector while doing walkaround inspection of paint, and glass surfaces. Oil level status and any needed top off prior to retiring vehicle for the evening.
Hooyaaa, MSG L
Air_Cooled_Nut
QUOTE (msglaigaie @ Dec 14 2005, 02:59 PM)
I used to take care of a rocket launcher and a bunch of rockets for the Navy. They had a program similar to what you are discussing. There was a file of cards that my junior seaman would head for first thing in the morning. I would have a chart posting the work schedule for the day. They would grab the days cards and start with the "dailies" things that had to be done every day. The card listed what, where, and how. It had a list of tools, lubes and any special equipment needed. My troops completed the task, checked it off on the 'Work Schedule Chart" and then go for the weeklies followed by any monthly, quarterly, or annuals. I kept up the chart from the master book which was updated by the guys in the "puzzle palace" and life was sweet. Is this what you had in mind??  MSG L

mad.gif PMS (Preventative Maintenance System for you civilians smile.gif ) Mine was sonar. Yeah, the system worked well because it led you by the hand...because many of the people were idiots or didn't give a hoot. Maybe that's changed now that they require a high school degree (like that means anything nowadays... rolleyes.gif ).
jfort
boy, am I your expert on the Navy's PMS system. it was neat because each maintenance card included a list of the tools and materials necesssary, the safety precautions, the level of expertise required, then the actual procedure. related ("while you are in there") items were also listed. it was connected to a navy-wide data base so that they could see patterns of broken things, determine the volume of spares to be carried, etc. feedback forms kept everything updated. it would be an interesting and effective template for a 914 repair and maintence system. starting with the owners manual and following with the collective expertise of everyone here.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.