Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Whoever said the 914 was ugly...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
horizontally-opposed
This is going to be a love/hate relationship...

Please someone, take the foglight crayon away from Porsche!

http://www.rennteam.com/showflat.php?Cat=0...&gonew=1#UNREAD

pete
tat2dphreak
WTF.gif I like it!
thomasotten
Looks like it was inspired by the Cylon Raiders from the new Battlestar Galactica series...
Crazyhippy
The front isn't nearly as bad as the back.... Yikes headbang.gif screwy.gif

BJH
Lou W
huh.gif I like it smilie_pokal.gif
zymurgist
Meh.

I think it's less cartoonish than a lot of the body kits I see on Hondas, Mitsus, etc.
Mueller
I like it...the rims remind me of BMW rims for some reason..... wacko.gif
horizontally-opposed
Maybe it'll grow on me -- past designs have.

The wheels DO look like the Alpina V8 Roadster (i.e. Z8 auto) 20-inch "five" spokes.

pete
Porcharu
Way to much wheel (and not enought tire) and to much tacked on crap for me. barf.gif What ever happened to a nice pure clean car design.
dmenche914
Too Jap looking for me. Like a mitsubishi eclipse, all the swoops and bumps, and them silly looking wheels /tire. Looks like a pimpmobile. But that doesn't surprise me, Porsche has abondonded the light wieght basic sports car that got them going back in the 50's, 60's and early 70's Puke!!!!
Eric_Shea
yuk...

Too much "body kit" look for me. The side view of the front spoiler looks like an old Pontiac design with those fogs extruding out like that. Even Pontiac "finally" wised up and got the bumps off the side of their cars.

On the fog light issue: I wish the Gayman had larger fog/driving lights in the front ala. Abarth or RSK retro kinda thing. That would work for me.
nomore9one4
I like the look..Not the price tag. mad.gif
Katmanken
Not too bad,

Body does look like somebody grafted a body kit onit though..

Not real big fan of the wheels.. Looks like everybody elses BIG SHINEY wheels.... Must be going for mass ricer appeal

Ken
KaptKaos
Did they hire the old designer from Pontiac that added skirts and stuff to every car that they sold?

U-G-L-Y

Next thing you know, the Pepper Wagon is gonna look like the Aztec.

"We Build Excitement! Porsche!"
sportlicherFahrer
They could have done much better. I think that they need to incorporate more classic curves into the design instead of going "body kit" with thier styling. The 996 was just "OK" to me, but I really like the loosk of the 993. They need to rethink and back-date thier designs. Not go Japanese wannabe super car look. Just my 2 cents. popcorn[1].gif
olav

Porsche is losing their way.

The Cayman might be an exception though.
Eric_Shea
Send your faxes, letters and e-mails to:

Matthias Kulla, General Manager, Design Style Porsche, Pontiac Division
serge914
Too riced for my taste.
It is just missing some clear taillights. barf.gif
rick 918-S
I'm looking forward to seeing the Cayman when I get close to a "P" car dealer. The closest one is about 180 miles away. I'm hoping it's small compared to the 997. If it is I may be able to over look some the standard "P" car styling cues.

As far as the 997 goes... yellowsleep[1].gif

fiid
I do actually like it. The engine is still in the wrong place though.

Where does one get "turbo" badges from the 911 - I think I want one smile.gif
campbellcj
Just recently I saw a couple of the test mule cars that Howard posted pics of. They were cruising south on PCH thru Malibu and SaMo. They still had some body camo but overall I didn't think they looked too bad and also not all that different from the 996tt. Unlike the basic 997 vs 996 where I like the 997 quite a bit better.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.