Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: pulling out the old center tunnel fule lines
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
VaccaRabite
Is there a neat trick to pulling out the fuel lines form the center tunnel? I have the hose off to the firewall (cut, with enough for me to get a good grab on it) and have the metal nipples exposed in the front.

So what is the trick for gettign them out? I am trying to save the rubber grommets for re-use with BigD9146gt's stainless center tunnel kit. Well, the forward one at least, I don't care about the aft donut grommets.
Zach
sj914
If you take out the inspection cover thats in the center tunnel under the dash you can push out the big grommet from there.
r_towle
in the passenger compartment...remove center console, carpet, and floor board under the pedals.

You will see a small metal cover on the center tunnel, remove it.

You can now reach in with a large flat srew driver and push the front grommet into the front trunk area...

then pull it off the fuel lines once its loose from the firewall.

Then go in the engine compartment and pull on both lines...

Rich
okieflyr
I will second the previous suggestion, agree.gif and add that I tied and taped a small dia cord to each line at the fuel tank end. When I pulled the lines out from the rear, re attached the cord to the new lines and pulled them through the same path from the front bulkhead. I had a helper to guide them along, and it went quickley.
Some silicone gel lube also helped immensly to reposition the front grommit. smash.gif Kevin
Aaron Cox
anyone read clays tech article? where can i get 16ft of 7/16 stainless tubing?
grasshopper
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 13 2005, 06:11 PM)
anyone read clays tech article? where can i get 16ft of 7/16 stainless tubing?

i read it, and ask about this a while ago... never could find any... summit racing sells lots of SS hard lines, but none that are 7/16..... unsure.gif
John
Why must you use 7/16"?

You can get 50' coils of 3/8"OD X .335" ID Type 304 SS tubing at McMaster Carr (8989k93)
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.