Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: New paint....which bumpers???
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Aaron Cox
here is a pic of my car.... im digging the ALL black.....

front valence is a GT valence with oil cooler opening...
Rear is a 914/6 deep valance with dual portholes....
user posted image
Aaron Cox
tell me what you think....

give me some guidance....
TonyAKAVW
Go for all black. Definitely. I'm not really that big of a fan of chrome on dark colored 914s. Black out all the chrome trim, put rubber around the windshield ph34r.gif

-Tony
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (TonyAKAVW @ Dec 13 2005, 05:53 PM)
Go for all black. Definitely. I'm not really that big of a fan of chrome on dark colored 914s. Black out all the chrome trim, put rubber around the windshield ph34r.gif

-Tony

chrome isnt getting blacked..... too much work.

im trying to do the window rubber, but my window was already installed.
ahndy says i can do it with a little butyl seal...
TimT
burp!!! beer3.gif beerchug.gif

actualy either would look cool..
scotty b
Go ALL black smilie_pokal.gif smilie_pokal.gif We'll start calling you Darkness
TimT
Hmm black chrome.. I saw that on a hot rod at a show a few years ago.. I forgot how they got that look
Flat VW
QUOTE (TimT @ Dec 13 2005, 04:56 PM)
Hmm  black chrome.. I saw that on a hot rod at a show a few years ago.. I forgot how they got that look

agree.gif

Hot!

John
Ray Warren
Chrome without tits and no fog lights.
I know thats not in your poll but that would be my choice.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Ray Warren @ Dec 13 2005, 05:59 PM)
Chrome without tits and no fog lights.
I know thats not in your poll but that would be my choice.

aint got no money to weld up and rechrome....

and car is getting GT lights mounted down in the bumper, in addition to pilot fogs...
Allan
I think some nice chrome bumpers would look awesome with that nice deep black paint.
ChicagoChris
I would go with blacked out look but since that is what I am doing to mine I say you keep the chrome and the titties. ph34r.gif
Series9
New chrome, no tits.
r_towle
black out the driving light grills too!!

As much black as you can...

I would however say chrome wheels.

Rich
scotty b
I say you chrome your titties laugh.gif
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (914RS @ Dec 13 2005, 06:07 PM)
New chrome, no tits.

im so broke i can pay attention..... dry.gif
Twystd1
Aaron........

Gimme your bumpers.....

I get em welded....

And black chrome.....

Maybe free... but no more than 100 bucks.

No tits... cause you already got em... Under your shirt.. unsure.gif

Twystd1
Aaron Cox
whats black chrome?

clayton. phone fixed.call me
Eric_Shea
Chrome no titties.
Gary
Chrome. Can use the nickel-coated or stainless carriage bolts until you have money or inclination to weld and rechrome.

BTW, where'd you source the deep rear valance?
GTeener
Chrome is more durable smile.gif

Not sure I've ever seen the chrome bumper with the GT opened valence idea.gif

painted is a nice look, though I would think you wouldn't want to deal with all the road rash a painted front bumper is going to get.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (GTeener @ Dec 13 2005, 06:29 PM)
Chrome is more durable smile.gif

Not sure I've ever seen the chrome bumper with the GT opened valence idea.gif

It is a nice look though I would think you wouldn't want to deal with all the road rash a painted front bumper is going to get.

just GT valence.... so, half that opening
Gint
I think chrome would look better, but, since your on a budget... Igotanidea. idea.gif

Paint 'em black, no titties. Now, for an extra little bit, since you're painting anyway, weld up the fog light holes while you're doing the tit holes. I think it would be cool; steel bumper, all welded up smooth.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Gint @ Dec 13 2005, 07:26 PM)
I think chrome would look better, but, since your on a budget... Igotanidea. idea.gif

Paint 'em black, no titties. Now, for an extra little bit, since you're painting anyway, weld up the fog light holes while you're doing the tit holes. I think it would be cool; steel bumper, all welded up smooth.

gotta keep the fog grilles...

i like the 914-8 prototype look tho....

Aaron Cox
i also have late model (75-76) titties i could put on the chromie......

give it a tit reduction perhaps....
Gint
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 13 2005, 07:28 PM)
I think chrome would look better, but, since your on a budget... Igotanidea.   idea.gif

Paint 'em black, no titties.  Now, for an extra little bit, since you're painting anyway, weld up the fog light holes while you're doing the tit holes.  I think it would be cool;  steel bumper, all welded up smooth.

Gotta keep the fogs eh? Weld up the rectangular holes and make round holes just big enough for the lamps.

Do something different!
MoveQik
Go with the gloss black, rubber windshield trim...black everything except for wheels that are chromed beyond belief. That would be crazy PHAT.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (Gint @ Dec 13 2005, 07:32 PM)
QUOTE (Aaron Cox @ Dec 13 2005, 07:28 PM)
I think chrome would look better, but, since your on a budget... Igotanidea.   idea.gif

Paint 'em black, no titties.  Now, for an extra little bit, since you're painting anyway, weld up the fog light holes while you're doing the tit holes.  I think it would be cool;  steel bumper, all welded up smooth.

Gotta keep the fogs eh? Weld up the rectangular holes and make round holes just big enough for the lamps.

Do something different!

different are these hella driving lights...like the GT cars.... and retaining stock location pilot lights.....
user posted image
iamchappy
All black for a race car, chrome bumper on a streeter.
Gint
Those are monsters and it wouldn't really be different. I'm talking about a round hole in the steel bumper just a little bigger than the Pilot lamps.
TimT
found a pic of black chrome... not sure it represents well

seanery
Imagine a piece of black transparent Saran wrap stretched seamless across a chrome bumper. That's pretty much what black chrome will look like. Not quite as reflective as chrome, and not as much black as paint. It could look totally cool....
Aaron Cox
blink.gif

doesnt sound so pleasing unsure.gif
iamchappy
black chrome would look really cool, mirrors and door handles would need the same treatment.
I currently have a black car with a chrome bumper and gt valance but I have been wrestling with the idea of painting the car signal orange.
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (iamchappy @ Dec 13 2005, 08:02 PM)
black chrome would look really cool, mirrors and door handles would need the same treatment.
I currently have a black car with a chrome bumper and gt valance but I have been wrestling with the idea of painting the car signal orange.

mirrors and trim are staying.....

running out of time.... and money
914werke
Black Chrome no boobies. rocking nana.gif
thomasotten
Not to change the subject, but I want close-ups of those rear flares, from several angles!
bernbomb914
if you pass up the offer on the black chrome bumpers you need to go back to school and have your head examined.
Carlitos Way
I like the black chrome idea. And beer! beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif beer3.gif
GWN7
Paint it black you devil..........

You can always change to chrome later.....

and here's 10 min of my time....the money you will have to get on your own. wink.gif
effutuo101
I think with the bumpers you would have a cool look with all black, but again the black and chrome looks cool. Quandry
computers4kids
Black...Black...Black! Ditch the chrome!
Aaron Cox
QUOTE (effutuo101 @ Dec 13 2005, 10:22 PM)
I think with the bumpers you would have a cool look with all black, but again the black and chrome looks cool. Quandry

it only takes 20 min to swap a set of bumpers.... hmmmm

i think the black chrome would be cool IF and ONLY IF, mirrors, targa chrome were all done....

what to do what to do......
Lou W
Chrome, no tits.

Your car looks great smilie_pokal.gif
Mrs. K
QUOTE (Lou W @ Dec 13 2005, 10:44 PM)
Chrome, no tits.

Your car looks great smilie_pokal.gif

agree.gif besides...aren't you an ass man biggrin.gif

Lisa cool_shades.gif
Dr. Roger
polished fuchs, chrome trim, beautiful black paint....

the perfect accent. highly polished bumpers. $.02 worth right there... laugh.gif
Twystd1
So answer your dam phone boy..!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K, what the hell are you doing Friday.....???????

Am going over to Lagunero's to set up his Webbers...

Am gunna be over there probably all day... Cause we goitta set valves and time da beatch first before carb sync and setup....

You gunna help me...???????????

Cause Albert needs all the help he can get.. ohmy.gif

As far as the bumpers... Stick with what you have. Just prep em and paint em gloss black... wait a couple of months and then we goof with the black chrome or powder coating or hot pink or whatever Slits forces you to do....
Save your bucks for now... Just do whats cheap and pleasing to you....

AND NO BUMPER TITS....

Cept MAYBE the short ones.....

And only if you have to have tits on your car to sleep at night....

Twystd1
nomore9one4
QUOTE (TonyAKAVW @ Dec 13 2005, 04:53 PM)

-Tony

smilie_pokal.gif I agree!
iamchappy
I say have both, I plan too.
Black gt bumper, and a chrome one that I already have.
The black gt bumper will start to look bad with stone chips in no time.
Could possably have the 3m film process done to it?
Aaron Cox
aye.... rock chips sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.